Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs. Chelsea 20:00

1234568»

Comments

fully deserved by Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Brilliant Chelsea performance all over the pitch.

Hazard is quality , just feel he sometimes doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck as much as he should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Great result. Mad work ethic from all Chelsea players. Hazard, matic, terry, Cahill, willian etc were immense

The 2 points dropped against west ham are annoying me even more now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Arsenal should be worried. Very worried.

Why, we're not even in the title race sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lovely. Thats Liverpool back in the title race.

Our Year

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

You have to admire Mourinho's ability to draw all pressure away from the players and put it on himself. I think because he himself is under pressure, it just motivates his players even more to support their boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Where's the bus? Where's the bus? All I saw was a train!

Devastating, vintage Jose Mourinho. He caught everyone on the hop, tonight he did exactly what he said he would do, he sent a team out there to win the game, to win a vital 3 points and to put Chelsea quite firmly into the title mix. It was a Mourinho masterclass, complete with gigantic efforts from every single player in a Chelsea jersey, with towering defensive performances and pin-point attacking, City's defence had never looked so vulnerable at home.

It's tough to point to an individual because each player did what was asked of them, each player went beyond the call of duty but Cahill, Azpilicueta, Hazard and Willian were all excellent but my pick for MOTM is the herculean Serbian at the heart of the Chelsea midfield, Nemanja Matic was everywhere, a dominating force that equalled Yaya Toure, not since Makelele or Essien in his prime have Chelsea had a central midfielder of this quality.

It's Mourinho's night, it's Chelsea's night, COME ON CHELSEA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

Greatest night in Chelsea history since their formation in 2004

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Matic the Barclay's Man of the Match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

urabell wrote: »

Good one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Lovely. Thats Liverpool back in the title race.

Our Year

wfkL9m5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Great game, and a brilliant performance by Chelsea. Fully deserved 3 points.

City's injuries really hampered them which just goes to show even with a bottomless pit of money you can still have squad problems.

Ultimately Pelligrini needs to hold his hands up though, as he arguably underestimated Chelsea. Things were going wrong before the goal and he didn't address them. The fullbacks pushing on so far with only Demichelis as their covering DM, against an extremely mobile, quick and dangerous Chelsea counter, was very risky and Chelsea should have probably punished them further. Never felt that City had control of the game.

Hazard was absolutely brilliant tonight and may well be the best young player in the world at the moment.

Title race is very interesting now. I would still tip City as I think they have the better squad to consistently win matches. Like United in years gone by, perhaps they can be exposed in big matches like this occasionally, but they score so many goals.

A Mourinho masterclass tonight and an excellent Chelsea performance won't disguise the fact they are relying on 3 mediocre strikers to score their goals. I said it in the summer, at the start of the season and again in January, and despite the result tonight I'll stick by it - I don't think Chelsea will win the title without a top class centre-forward.

Arsenal should not be written off also, many here still continue to underrate them, they have been top almost all season.

But I would still go for City - however many had it as a foregone conclusion, some might revise that after tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Johner wrote: »
    Wheres all the lads about parking buses now? :rolleyes:

Super performance.

Robbie Savage's tactics column should be interesting next week. From football365:
    Witness this from his 'How Spurs can beat Man City' tactical masterclass on the BBC Sport website last week:
    'Taking the game to City is definitely Tottenham's best bet because if you try to hold them off, they will always break you down in the end.'

Seven days and a 5-1 drubbing later, Savage is now giving Chelsea advice about the best way to beat City:
    'To deal with Manchester City, I think Jose Mourinho will have to park the bus, sit deep and try to hit them on the counter.'

Mediawatch would admire him more/at all if he just admitted he didn't have a f***ing clue, and who was the idiot who thought it was a good idea to give him a tactics column anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

How man bottles of Coors have ye had tonight :P

0 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

0 :D

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Where's the bus? Where's the bus? All I saw was a train!

Devastating, vintage Jose Mourinho. He caught everyone on the hop, tonight he did exactly what he said he would do, he sent a team out there to win the game, to win a vital 3 points and to put Chelsea quite firmly into the title mix. It was a Mourinho masterclass, complete with gigantic efforts from every single player in a Chelsea jersey, with towering defensive performances and pin-point attacking, City's defence had never looked so vulnerable at home.

It's tough to point to an individual because each player did what was asked of them, each player went beyond the call of duty but Cahill, Azpilicueta, Hazard and Willian were all excellent but my pick for MOTM is the herculean Serbian at the heart of the Chelsea midfield, Nemanja Matic was everywhere, a dominating force that equalled Yaya Toure, not since Makelele or Essien in his prime have Chelsea had a central midfielder of this quality.

It's Mourinho's night, it's Chelsea's night, COME ON CHELSEA!

Just read that post in the voice of a 1940's BBC news reporter. Brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Robbie Savage is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Hazard really is a joy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its up there alright and Roman joined in June 2003. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Just read that post in the voice of a 1940's BBC news reporter. Brilliant :)

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hazard really is a joy to watch.

If he adds consistency and plays like that more often he'd be a real threat over 90 mins, sometimes hes on the verges of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Comfortable victory, thought Pelligrini was very naive playing 2 up font especially when he was foced to play Demichelis in the middle who was poisonous all night. Negredo was kept quiet up front badly needed another midfielder to compensate.

Funny how everyone talks about City's mass of money all the time, not like Chelsea don't go out and buy anyone that they wish either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

And Chelsea had enough chances to win two games. Better team by far.

Absolutely.

But City have only themselves to blame.

Chelsea might've been unlucky not to score more but City missed because they were terrible at finishing.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Interesting tactic from Mourinho.

choke the center of midfield and man mark Toure (easier said than done) then recycle the ball to the creative players (Hazard,Willian) and City never got started.

Lot of other PL managers would have got something out of tonights game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Credit where credit's due; we were beaten by the better team tonight. Praise the Lord for goalposts! What we need to do now is to stand up, dust ourselves off and go again. At least one good thing will have come from tonight. The crazy talk of the quadruple from the media and some of the more delusional of our fans might stop now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Chelsea deserved to win but silva missed two great chances for city. Chelsea could easily have been punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Interesting tactic from Mourinho.

choke the center of midfield and man mark Toure (easier said than done) then recycle the ball to the creative players (Hazard,Willian) and City never got started.

Lot of other PL managers would have got something out of tonights game.

Man mark Silva you mean ... was very effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

25 shots with only 3 on target from City.

poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

JPA wrote: »
    Surely you believe Guardiola is the best manager of this generation?
    You must be very conflicted.

When he does something with Bayern, he might be considered...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Well deserved win for Chelsea tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I'm far from Milner's biggest fan, but I can't help thinking that the game might have played out very differently with him - or anyone with a shred of mobility - in the side ahead of Demichelis.

As it was, three energetic central midfielders from Chelsea were able to break down play and get the ball to Willian and Hazard for counter-attacks so quickly. Aside from a shaky first 10 minutes and final 15, they won the midfield battle hands-down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Notice Brian Johnson of AC/DC in the background trying to tell Jose to calm down.
    jose_2811221b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

brilliant Chelsea.

Mourinho, the master tactician.

sensational Eden Hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Mou playing 3 defensive midfielders...they may as well park an A380 in front of their goals. Some cheek considering his little speech about WH's negative football.

Ideally a draw but if one team were to win I really hope City stuff them. Hopefully a goal early on to force them to come out and play.
    11 men behind the ball until half time at least.
    beep beep beep beep beep beep brake. park.
    I think the bus driver is just about to park her up for the night.
    Bus.png

11 Chelsea shirts in the box there
    Ermmmm..... feel free to chime in with "i was massively wrong" :pac:

Everybody having a pop at Mourinho over his West Ham comments.

What West Ham did was, in effect, this horrible "bus park" cliche.

What Chelsea did tonight was play stunning counter-attacking football.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    brilliant Chelsea.

Mourinho, the master tactician.

sensational Eden Hazard.
    +1

Absolutely noticeable the difference in workrate from Hazard under Mourinho.

He lost a ball late on and ran 60 yards to chase it down.

In any other season, Oscar and Hazard would be right up there for Player of the Year. It's unfortunate for them that Suarez is a complete freak of a genius.

Still, at this point in time, i'd have both Oscar and Hazard in the Premier League team of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Its up there alright and Roman joined in June 2003. ;)

Sorry friend, that was a typo I meant their formation in 1905

Advertisement