Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What was your favourite WWE set.

• 03-02-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

The recent sets all look the same put pre HD WWE we got treated to some great looking sets. What was your favourite? Mine have to be the old RAW, Smackdown, King Of The Ring 2000 and Backlash

1999_WWF_Smackdown_(WWE).jpg

WWF_Raw_Is_War_Stage.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

either the Raw set above or this one:

28_Raw_Evolution.jpg

WCW had some great ones too

045_WCW1755.jpg

wcw_sets_monday_nitro_by_takerfan2013-d59ux2l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I always love the Smackdown fist
    SD_Fist_Era_001.jpg

SmackDown!'s fist was good alright. Personally, I always loved the RAW parallelogram Titantron.

2206118168_00fbd3707b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Was there a backlash set with swinging blades? Royal Rumble 2000 was good as well iirc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

D.Q wrote: »
    Was there a backlash set with swinging blades? Royal Rumble 2000 was good as well iirc

fairly sure there was, for some reason I'm imagining a Shane-O-Mac bump off that set too.

Thats one thing I always remembered about some sets, seing them and immediately thinking ooo we could get a big bump here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wrestlemania 17 stage just looked fantastic.

wrestlemania_x-7.jpg
    (Apologies for crappy pic. Won't let me hotlink a good one)
    D.Q wrote: »

Yeah, Backlash 2000 had them anyway. 6-man hardcore match involved Matt Hardy climbing up one of the blades and jumping onto the other 5, and Jeff using the momentum of one of the blades to do a hurricarana.

Backlash 2001 had the blades too, and it was the one where Shane jumped from the very top onto Big Show.

Always liked the Wrestlemania 19 one, the way the entrance ramp wasnt just dead straight was cool :

Wrestlemania-19-Shawn-Michaels-Chris-Jericho_2069753.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Still hoping they will eventually do an old-school Smackdown where we get the fist for one night. Has to be sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Backlash 02 had them as well,was only watching Hogan vs HHH the other day.

Always loved WCW's sets,felt like they put a lot more effort into making each set stand out.

005_BATB_07111999_0001.jpg

Nitro Spring Break was class too

vlcsnap-00016_zps31edb72d.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's odd how little effort WWE put in now. With them thinking they are an entertainment production you'd think the stage designs are something they would put a lot into. Often seems like an after thought for PPV's.

The Smackdown fist was cool, but very gimmicky. It had a shelf life that passed.

The Raw is War set's were always nice. Simple but effective. And epic theme music.

Think the In Your House set up was good too. Always remember liking it, but it's been a while so I could be wrong.

Not WWE, but the tunnel that TNA used to use was always a favourite of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Someone on here said recently that he was perplexed as to why the door on the In Your House set wasn't the actual entrance. A valid point! For those who don't recall, it was a full suburban white picket fence style house on top of the stage with windows and doors etc. (On my phone so can't post a photo).

Royal Rumble 2000 was cool. Captured the gritty nature of the Cactus vs HHH street fight with the pallets and graffiti alleyway lining te always short MSG entrance. The Taxi Cab balcony Jeff Hardy jumped from was the icing on the cake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It was usually the garage that was the entrance point so it isnt all bad.

gfs_43304_2_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

detail.jpg

WM24Set.jpg

Not pre-HD but I loved this set more than any other. The tower was so cool lit up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Not pre-HD but I loved this set more than any other. The tower was so cool lit up.

When you see what that stadium looked like before wwe got their hands on it then its all the more impressive.

Andy_rse wrote: »
    When you see what that stadium looked like before wwe got their hands on it then its all the more impressive.

I was at Mania 24, the stadium was a dump in a ghetto neighbourhood, on camera when it was lit it looked amazing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Mania sets are always class.
    I used to love Armageddon, and whenever a PPV was in MSG with the short ramp, don't know why just seemed better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

In what way would pre-hd have a bearing on the set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

krudler wrote: »
    I was at Mania 24, the stadium was a dump in a ghetto neighbourhood, on camera when it was lit it looked amazing though.
    I've heard it described as the Sligo of Merickay alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

'nuff said.....

tumblr_lk6k11cKbA1qbwv0ko1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It was usually the garage that was the entrance point.

Sure that's where Triple H keeps the shovel :pac:

And the legendary blue curtain and aisle of Summerslam 1992.

legion-of-dooms-summerslam-1992-entrance-480x240.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

051_WM26_03282010ca_1905.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

30-31-wrestlemania-VTRIX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rickydreamboat

The first smackdown set was class... Loved that. Especially the pyro at the start.

And all things considered the design for wm26 was amazing. The actual size of the screen 'pyramid' is astounding

Wm17.
    Wm19.
    Anything in msg. Love the short ramp. Particularly summerslam 98, with the highway to hell theme and the red ring aprons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Any of them that has a long entrance ramp. WM8, I like neon lights. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

30-31-wrestlemania-VTRIX.jpg

beat me to it one of my fav mania's too Moonsoon in the toga :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Omackeral wrote: »
    Royal Rumble 2000 was cool. Captured the gritty nature of the Cactus vs HHH street fight with the pallets and graffiti alleyway lining te always short MSG entrance. The Taxi Cab balcony Jeff Hardy jumped from was the icing on the cake

Loved the Rumble 2000 one, always used to pick it in No Mercy. The King of The Ring ones used to be good too, loved the 1999 one with all the ladders set up & Austin knocked them down on the two McMahons. Most sets now are so lazy, none more so than the TLC one where they hang up chairs on a chain. Liked the one they used for the late 90's Mania's too a short tunnel with those lights down the side of it.
    The last set I remember was at Armageddon a few years ago(the one where Joey Mercury got his face smashed with the ladder).

Which KOTR was it that had the giant electric chair as a set? 2001? That was cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

09_FullyLoaded-03.jpg

Always thought this was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Always felt MITB events should have a bank vault entrance way with a big open metal door instead of the briefcase titantron

• Advertisement
Advertisement