Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toys for 7 & 11 yr old girls?? Very shy!

Options
  • 03-02-2014 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Could anyone recommend toys and activities for an 11 yr old girl, very shy, to get her to relax and talk ect?

Also for a 7.5yr old girl also very shy, I will not be meeting them together. They will be with their mums.

any help would be welcome

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,038 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

In what context will you be meeting them? Is it in an official capacity, or as the parent of another child?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Bernice101

in an informal educational capacity if that makes any sense. it is focused on the child and I want her to come out of her shell (in both instances) as much as possible. Are there any games I could play with them? as I don't really have much experience with children

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Pictionary?

Simple, but effective since it requires a lot of interpersonal interaction.

• Administrators Posts: 14,038 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Some card games. Matching pairs, "Old Maid". Games that don't take too much involvement but yet need interaction.

Headbandz is a good game too. It's a "Yes" "No" picture card game. But if they are really shy, wearing the headband might be awkward for them. You could still have them pick a card, and you hold it while they try to guess what it is, with questions.. "Am I an animal?", "Am I a food?" Etc...

Guess Who?
    Connect 4.

All those old reliable board games are always good. They can be played with as much or as little talking as is needed, to slowly build up a rapport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

http://www.toys.ie/Hedbanz-For-Kids-!100174-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=e8de52ed-8481-47c0-a067-f791bd9c3052

This game always goes down a treat when my 10 year old has friends over. You put a picture of something onto your headband and have to ask questions to figure out what you are. We don't bother with the timer and it really breaks the ice for small kids

Lol I see Big bag of chips beat me to it :D. I should really read the other replies before posting!

• Advertisement
Advertisement