Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract question

Options
  • 03-02-2014 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

The company I work for is being bought out, the new company has said they will honour our current contracts. My question is it as simple as that or would I be entitled to redundancy and then start new contract

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's called TUPE Transfer of undertaking protection of employees, basically you transfer over to the new company under your existing contract.

Your role is not being made redundant so that's immaterial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Stheno wrote: »
    It's called TUPE Transfer of undertaking protection of employees, basically you transfer over to the new company under your existing contract.

Your role is not being made redundant so that's immaterial

That's fair enough, I was living in hope really.

Advertisement