Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga

• 03-02-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I have been recommended to start Yoga. Can someone recommend where to go in either the Ennis / Corofin area. It is primarily to help build core strength for my back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

The Riverside gym Ennis do Yoga classes. Never tried it myself more weights is my thing lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Claregirl5

Hi Mel!

There is a course entitled "Yoga and Relaxation with Seema" starting Wednesday February 5th at 7.30pm in St. Flannan's College.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks Claregirl5 - I didn't see your post until tonight so I've missed it. However I don't know if the whole '...and relaxation' is my type of thing. When I was talking to the osteopath about it she said there are all different type of yoga and it is about finding one that suits. She mentioned some yogas talk a lot about your shrakas - I dont know if all yogas would do that, but again it wouldn't be my type of thing. I really just need something to improve my core strength as my back is not great. I tried Pilates years ago and found it boring, so hoping Yoga might be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 yvonneclare

Clodagh in Ennis Yoda Studio is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

if you're trying to improve your core strength then pilates is the way to go - if you found that boring you may have been going to the wrong person as it can get VERY tough when taught correctly and progressively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

My wife has attended sessions in Glór .... sorry don't know the name of the person giving the classes, but a call to Glór would sort that no doubt.

Wife was very happy because the instructor started at the very beginning ..... the basics which she needed, being her first experience of yoga. She will probably take a second set of classes which start in a couple of weeks.

Advertisement