Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitegate to Crosshaven

Options
  • 03-02-2014 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Will be down in Whitegate area for a week or so in a few months but will need to get to Crosshaven a few times during that time. Are there any alternatives to driving all the way round, such as a ferry or even a private hire boat, like a water taxi of sorts? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

There is a kayaking crowd that operate around the harbour.They might also do boat trips.Details here if you want to contact them

http://www.kayakcorkharbour.ie/

Also,there was someone that does hovercraft tours of the harbour.Not sure if its still going.See here.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/hoverlink-midleton/1/

Both of the above are based in Whitegate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭Markcheese

There is another boat doing tours out of whitegate , but it's more in the summer season ... Either way it'd probably pricey,you'd probably have to go from aghada pier as well because whitegate is mud at low tide...
    Try google.. If I see the phone number of the harbour tour crowd I'll post it... But be prepare to drive ,it'll take almost an hour ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭Markcheese

CORK HARBOUR TOURS

Martin: 0867 99 49 363

Please ring ahead to book a tour.

Boat Tours from the Lower Aghada Pier. Max 12 pasengers.

Tours to the refinery Jeti:

If that's the boat I'm thinking of it's a pretty all weather powerful thing... Probably want to be more than just yourself to be worthwhile...

A little tour for a taste of the Whitegate bay! See the many historic sites along the way.

Tours to Cobh:

Climb on board for a tour to Cobh,

Have a look around in Cobh Harbour for a 30 minutes stop, and Back to Lower Aghada.

Tours to Cork City:

Hop on board and enjoy this magical trip to Cork city Harbour, see beautiful Wild birds along the way! Refreshments on board. This trip is 3 and a half hour long with an hour stop in Cork City.

*waterbased* 

*landbased*

Share this:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 38 daisyday121

Thanks very much Markcheese and Rhys Essien. I'll check those out.

Advertisement