Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crete

• 03-02-2014 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭

Heading to hersonnissos more than likely at the end of june, group of lads, anyone been before that could give us and idea of local prices,best nightlife spots etc? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Its been a few years since I was in Crete, but the prices were good and the strip in Hersonisos is all along the water front, you cant miss it !! As to which bars are good, it depends on when you are there, don't worry you wont have any trouble finding your way about !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

solerina wrote: »
    Its been a few years since I was in Crete, but the prices were good and the strip in Hersonisos is all along the water front, you cant miss it !! As to which bars are good, it depends on when you are there, don't worry you wont have any trouble finding your way about !!

Cheers for that sounds like a great spot! When you travelled did you fly to heraklion or chania? Currently trying to sort transfers from chania (no flights to heraklion from Ireland) and its a 2 hour plus journey,any ideas of cheapish,reliable transfer/taxi companies operating on the island?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Anonymou wrote: »
    Cheers for that sounds like a great spot! When you travelled did you fly to heraklion or chania? Currently trying to sort transfers from chania (no flights to heraklion from Ireland) and its a 2 hour plus journey,any ideas of cheapish,reliable transfer/taxi companies operating on the island?

Call Falcon and see how much they want for flights to Herakion, its a charter flight. Chania with Ryanair is the opposite end of the island so if you get a goo deal with Falcon for the charter flight take it, there prices will include baggage of 20kg to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I have been in Crete 3 times and flew with various carriers (mostly package) and always to Heraklion...look up panorama or budget or whoever is left doing package type deals (maybe try alpharooms). Its a great spot, you will have a ball !!

Thanks for replies guys, falcon are the only ones flying to heraklion but they are bordering 600 so looks like thats a no-go,seeing as we got quotes of just over 400 but they only fly to chania and arrive at the hotel in the middle of the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ZomB13 F1Sh

Anonymou wrote: »
    Thanks for replies guys, falcon are the only ones flying to heraklion but they are bordering 600 so looks like thats a no-go,seeing as we got quotes of just over 400 but they only fly to chania and arrive at the hotel in the middle of the night

Me and a few friends are thinking of going to, is there direct flights from ireland to Crete? Was looking on sky scanner and it's not coming up direct for me and the Ryanair website won't load for me!

Me and a few friends are thinking of going to, is there direct flights from ireland to Crete? Was looking on sky scanner and it's not coming up direct for me and the Ryanair website won't load for me!

The only airline out of Ireland is ryanair who fly direct to chania airport,however if you're heading to hersonissos/malia its another 2/2.30 hour transfer and with the flight times you wont be arriving till approx 1 in the morning. Falcon do run charter flights to heraklion (the main airport) which is only a half hour trip to the resorts above, but is a good bit more expensive! Got quoted 415 for first option through one travel agent and 570 for falcon! One word of advice too is if you end up flying through chania id recommend doing it through a travel agent as transfers are massively expensive on their own.

Advertisement