Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for painting new build

• 03-02-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on the price of painting the interior of our new build. It's approx 220sq m, all ceilings, walls, skirtings, door frames and window boards. Never been painted. Have had a few different people out to price it but no quotes back yet, would love to have an idea of prices i should be thinking of. What would be reasonable?!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

3/4k?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭oisinbutler

Sille09 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for some advice on the price of painting the interior of our new build. It's approx 220sq m, all ceilings, walls, skirtings, door frames and window boards. Never been painted. Have had a few different people out to price it but no quotes back yet, would love to have an idea of prices i should be thinking of. What would be reasonable?!
    Thanks.

It depends, there are a few variables. What brand of paint do you want? How many colours? What condition is the plaster and woodwork in? 4k could be close to the mark but its pure speculation for me without seeing the property.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

look for references,what paint brand they use

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭oisinbutler

look for references,what paint brand they use

I agree. References are very important. You can tell them which paint brand you wish to use but you will have to keep an eye out to make sure.
    Prices may vary but be carefull of going for the cheapest, just because its cheaper doesn't mean you will be getting value for money.

Ask them about the process. For example, if you have fresh plaster walls that have never been painted then how will the go about painting them? This question alone can sort the wheat from the chaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭glashanator

Expect 4000.... Maybe a little more, maybe a little less.

It'll depend how busy they are and how bad they want it.

There'd be 700-1000 euro's worth of paint in that depending on what your doing.

And 2 men for 3 weeks work, or 3 men for 2 weeks work....roughly.

May be a bit faster if industrial sprayer is used.

18 years experience here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Sorry to piggy back on a query but can I ask the same question re the approx cost of painting a new build exterior of house of approx same size 220m2

Advertisement