Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Work Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

€31k? Nice. It's a lot better than what Jimmy's offering to nurses.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SeanC320

I actually think is unfair, its more exploitation to our profession, it outlines that it will guarantee new graduates 12 month "probationary" contract I believe that this is a cost saving measure directed by the new agency, id like to know what about people that awaits a EOI from the panel, is new graduates going to automatically fill the gap of shortages and hence people on the panel will remain there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mopimopr

My thoughts exactly.

There have been so many articles about SW in the past 2 weeks - unfilled posts, the length of time it takes to fill posts, moving forward with the new agency etc - none of which mention the SWs on panels.

There are hundreds of SWs which have been through a three stage interview process (how much has that cost since April 2013?) and are ready to start work whenever they decide to approve posts. Not to mention the SWs on bands lower that B who have not been given their third interview yet. More than enough SWs around.

And instead of working on getting some of these SWs into posts which need to be filled, they say they need to start up a new programme and pay graduates less to fill posts. Nonsense.

Advertisement