Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45 cessation certificate

Options
  • 03-02-2014 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi, I got a cessation of employment p45 from my previous employer. Do I get redundancy from them? I don't see anything on the form I got about it.

Basically I got let go due to the company stopping trading.

I haven't received any payment or terms of redundancy at all & just wonder where I stand on this? The p45 was issued in October & I'm still none the wiser, anytime I ask them what the story is it's very vague & I'm told it's with the solicitors. Is this normal?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

How long were you working there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭user2012

Stheno wrote: »
    How long were you working there?

Hi stheno,
    I would have been there five years. I know after two years unbroken service I am meant to get redundancy but to be honest it's all so vague I really don't know where I stand.
    I understand when a company stops trading that there is quite a bit of paperwork involved but surely it shouldn't take this long? Or am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭user2012

BUMP!!!

So I rang on Friday, again, to ask what is happening with the redundancy & was told it's with the solicitors.

Can anyone tell me am I due to get it or not?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sounds like you are trying to apply from the social insurance fund as he company is claiming they can't pay.

Get onto the second place below, they used to be NERA and handled these sort of payments. Also get down to your local social welfare office and make an appointment to apply for JSB.
    Where to apply

The application for payment from the Social Insurance Fund should be sent to:

Redundancy Payments Section
    Department of Social Protection
    Floor 2, Block C
    The Earlsfort Centre
    Lower Hatch Street
    Dublin 2
    Ireland
    Locall:1890 800 699
    For further information about the Redundancy Payments Scheme contact:

Workplace Relations Customer Services
    Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
    O'Brien Road
    Carlow
    Ireland
    Opening Hours: Mon. to Fri. 9.30am to 5pm
    Tel: (059) 917 8990
    Locall: 1890 80 80 90
    Homepage: http://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/unemployment_and_redundancy/redundancy/redundancy_procedures.html

Advertisement