Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EXTERNAL BELL BOX NUMBERS

Options
  • 03-02-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

JUST WONDERING HOW MANY HKC SABBS CAN YOU HAVE ON A 10/70 PANEL.?IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE THREE.. ONE ON FRONT OF HOUSE ONE ON BACK AND ONE ON A GARAGE.ALSO IM PLANNING ON RUNNING ALARM CABLE TO MY GARAGE SOON.I WILL BE PUTTING IN TWO INERTIAS ON TWO WINDOWS ,ONE CONTACT ON DOOR ,ONE PIR AND ONE BELLBOX.WHATS THE LEAST AMOUNT OF CABLES I NEED TO RUN DOWN TO THE GARAGE.?ALSO MOST OF THE CABLE WILL BE UNDERGROUND IN A SERVICE WAVIN BUT ABOUT 3 METRES OF IT WILL BE EXPOSED GOING ACROSS TO THE HOUSE AT HEIGHT.WHAT IS THE BEST TYPE OF CABLE TO BUY FOR OUTDOOR PROTECTION,ALARM CABLE SEEMS A BIT LIGHT,I WAS THINKING SOME KIND OF SHIELDED BELDEN 6 CORE.ANY ADVICE GUYS?

CHEERS.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

3 Wired external bells is no problem, once you work out if you have enough current. If not you may need an additional power supply.
    For 2 inertias on one zone and the PiR and front door on 2 more zones the very minimum amount of cable would be 12 cores , But I would run an 8 core to each, or 1 8 core to an expander and a power supply. This would give you much more options to add zones & keypads etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

Cheers Colm,So just to get this right i can get away with running one 8 core cable to the garage and adding an expander and power supply in the garage.i will also be adding a keypad so i can have it as a different area.In respect of the current draw being too much from the 3 sabbs is this something you only know after installing all 3 ?.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The keypad will go on the same bus as the expander.
    Re the bells you just need to do the maths on the external bell max current vs the current consumption on the types of external bell you want to use.

Cheers Colm,it will be 3 HKC sabbs on a 10/70 panel..BTW Will the old 8/12 securewatch keypads work with the new 10/70 model or will i have to change them out.Thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

bazbrady wrote: »
    Cheers Colm,it will be 3 HKC sabbs on a 10/70 panel..BTW Will the old 8/12 securewatch keypads work with the new 10/70 model or will i have to change them out.Thanks again for your help.

Sorry for butting in, yes you will have to change them, they are not compatible.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kub,

Advertisement