Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good shop that sells mattresses?

Options
  • 03-02-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Looking for a shop that sells decent mattresses. Have gotten an orthopaedic mattress from beds.ie in the past but prefer to check one out this time before I buy by lying on it.

Any good shops in and around Dublin that sell mattresses at a reasonable price?

Also, do any of them take the old mattress off your hands? It'd save me the €40 dumping charge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A lot of people seem to recommend Mattress Micks on the thread in Bargain Alerts. He's based on Pearse St, is definitely cheap though I can't comment on quality.

If you're on the north side of Dublin try popping into both Ikea and Gullivers Retail Park in Santry/Ballymun. In the retail park there is a Homestore and also another furniture liquidation shop which I can't remember the name of- it's in the corner of the park and has big obvious yellow signage. They're only open a few weeks and were setting up beds and mattresses when I was there so should have a few at decent prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Muahahaha wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to recommend Mattress Micks on the thread in Bargain Alerts. He's based on Pearse St, is definitely cheap though I can't comment on quality.
    Have seen the site, but not really sure if I'd trust him as far as I could throw him. Looking for a hard orthopaedic mattress, and from what I've seen on his site, there seems to a complete lack of info on the mattresses.
    If you're on the north side of Dublin try popping into both Ikea and Gullivers Retail Park in Santry/Ballymun.
    Have a car, so can easily pop up there. Ikea don't seem to have any orthopaedic mattresses. I'll check the others.
    In the retail park there is a Homestore and also another furniture liquidation shop which I can't remember the name of- it's in the corner of the park and has big obvious yellow signage. They're only open a few weeks and were setting up beds and mattresses when I was there so should have a few at decent prices.
    I think I know of the shop that you're referring to, and I'll pop in over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

How much are you willing to spend?

I have problems with my lower back and my last bed made it ten times worse.
    I went to Kingsbury in Tallaght and spent €700 on a Kaymed mattress and it's the best money I ever spent, seriously.

I would have spent more because my back gives me so much trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

€40 dumping charge? i threw my last one on to the car and brought it to local dump for 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Max around €300 (but for only a single mattress) - find they don't stay hard very long. I don't want any "memory mattress" that remembers where I sleep, as I find they just "grow a dip" which in the long run is bad for my back. I'm 6 foot, so want one with a decent length.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

You can try out the mattresses in Ikea and they'll take the old one for 25 if your getting delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I have a double latex one from IKEA that only cost €250 and it's amazing. It's similar to a memory foam one but slightly former. It's nearly 4 years old but still perfect.

IKEA claim a quarter of Europe sleep on a Ike's mattress so they can't be too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eva4

Got my orthopaediatic mattress in Clearys they took the old mattress free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

If you're on the north side of Dublin try popping into both Ikea and Gullivers Retail Park in Santry/Ballymun. In the retail park there is a Homestore and also another furniture liquidation shop which I can't remember the name of- it's in the corner of the park and has big obvious yellow signage. They're only open a few weeks and were setting up beds and mattresses when I was there so should have a few at decent prices.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I can't find even one recommendation for mattress mick in bargain alerts in the last 12 months. I can however find hundreds of recommendations for bigmickey.ie in Bargain Alerts. They are based in Longford and not Pearse St in Dublin but do deliver nationwide.

but.................................. I do enjoy mattress mick's crazy videos. You just never know what he is coming with next.

Anyways, this is not the first time that I have heard of the 2 shops been mixed up. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I got my mattresses in Kingsbury in Tallaght too, love them.

Clery's have a very wide selection so they might be easier depending on where you live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Gride wrote: »
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but I can't find even one recommendation for mattress mick in bargain alerts in the last 12 months. I can however find hundreds of recommendations for bigmickey.ie in Bargain Alerts. They are based in Longford and not Pearse St in Dublin but do deliver nationwide.

but.................................. I do enjoy mattress mick's crazy videos. You just never know what he is coming with next.

Anyways, this is not the first time that I have heard of the 2 shops been mixed up. lol

Ha ! I got my Mattress Mickeys mixed up !

Advertisement