Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stronglifts 5x5

• 04-02-2014 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

Anyone on here give it a go. My sport of choice has switched from long distance running to rowing this summer. I am v fit cardio wise but want to gain strength and weight whilst maintaing some cardio fitness so going to give this programme a bash. I intend continuing using rowing machine and some bike/ threadmill work. Will stronglifts still work for me or would I be better off creating my own programme to suit rowing boat. Ive read somwhere rugby players and GAA players are adding strnglifts to fitness programmes and seeing great results. Any info opinions very welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Either Stronglifts or Starting Strength at his point. You can't really go wrong with either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

strong lifts will suit you ideally. Starting strength uses power cleans and not rows. the pendlay row in SL 5x5 will be on benefit to you.

Just stick with the program for as long as you can, add dips and pull ups after at 4-6 weeks or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Just started it myself and am enjoying it. Takes a bit of patience as lifting a 20kg bar at the start seems like a waste of time, but it gives you plenty of opportunity to work on your form.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

.ak wrote: »
    Just started it myself and am enjoying it. Takes a bit of patience as lifting a 20kg bar at the start seems like a waste of time, but it gives you plenty of opportunity to work on your form.

Interested to know if you make any gains ?

Advertisement