Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch 2014: February/March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

diceyd wrote: »
    I read it here

I was pretty sure most people would have understood what I meant by that but obv not...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

leahyl wrote: »
    Lights flickered and HUGE clap of thunder just now!!

Btw this big discussion about "abs" was prob me - used an abbreviation for absolutely earlier....

Massive bolt of lightning too - frightened the beejaysus out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭kooga

bucketing here in ballinlough.............fire on watching the Fulham game with 4 cans of beamish. kids in bed and mrs. on the phone to her mum!

Torrential downpour at the moment - 20 mins before high tide - not good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ohhhh thunder here in cork city:D lights flickered. although please electricity don't go still have an assignment to finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Tae laidir

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Lights are flickering here in dunlaoghaire. Wouldn't mind a bit of thunder and lightning but hopefully the power doesn't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭snowstorm2013

Winds have increased dramatically in Lucan /Clondalkin. Some severe prolonged gusts. Heavy rain. Just back at house and it was tricky enough driving as the roads are very wet and there is some debris scattered on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Dun Laoighre is getting hammered and I'm on the foothills of the mountains near Glencullen, facing north, and its not too bad out at all. Weather station reporting <10kmh.

(The weather station is on the west side of an apartment block and utterly shielded from southeast winds)

73.7 Kph Max gust at 720pm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Lights are flickering here in dunlaoghaire. Wouldn't mind a bit of thunder and lightning but hopefully the power doesn't go.

Noticed a flicker here too.

Here, the wind, rather than the usual gusts and lulls, is just strong and pounding the front of the house.

12.0mm of rain so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Let's get rid of this October/November sh*t. This is February and we should be getting February weather.

Yeah, you need weather control, just looking up the extension here, can you stay on hold another fifty years?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Some bolt of lightning in Cork City, knocked the power to the streetlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I was pretty sure most people would have understood what I meant by that but obv not...

Can you tell me what obv means?

Just kidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Lightning just struck the airport apparently, my PC went out as did the lights and Cameras at UCC.

Can you tell me what obv means?

Just kidding.

Oops... :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

No flickering lights, but was standing inside the sitting room door with one hand on the door handle but watching the tv and all of a sudden, my hair blew up in the air lol! Went and checked that every window was sealed shut fully (they were). Don't know whether it was a gush of wind between the side of the front door, through the side of the sitting room door and up the chimney or what, but I've never experienced a gust of wind in this house before, with nothing opened lol. Maybe it was a ghost.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lovely sat image. http://www.sat24.com/?ir=true Unusal to see such a well developed storm so far south...usually looking at that type of image with centre off the north of Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

My lights flickered too. At least I have candles if the power goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just one strike so far, sure that will change later.

image_b_uk.png?t=23192442

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Ah i see what you done there,very good any way wind has really picked up in last half hour or so,windows closed,vents closed & blinds are still been rattled

Edit : lights just flickered aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

My lights flickered too. At least I have candles if the power goes.

DON'T USE THE GOOD CANDLES! THEY ARE FOR WHEN THERE IS A REAL POWERCUT AND WE HAVE VISITORS.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Tae laidir

Latest from Cork:
    http://77.74.50.157/cfw/
    Forecasting 5.4 Meters!

delw wrote: »
    Ah i see what you done there,very good any way wind has really picked up in last half hour or so,windows closed,vents closed & blinds are still been rattled

Edit : lights just flickered aswell

I actually didn't mean to do that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Is the current storm due to last throughout the night ? I'm in Dublin. Lights flickered just now. I see high tide is due at 3am here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

keith16 wrote: »
    DON'T USE THE GOOD CANDLES! THEY ARE FOR WHEN THERE IS A REAL POWERCUT AND WE HAVE VISITORS.

Maybe all the yankee candles we got for Christmas will come in handy!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Liberty Hall camera
    http://www.siptu.ie/media/webcam/

Gone nearly unwatchable with the shaking from the wind especially when it turns toward the bay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Had a few flickers here over the past couple of hours and the lights completely went out for about 3 seconds and then came back on. Hoping we don't lose electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

1621818_717351434972253_2008526579_n.jpg

Water starting to flood the Quay in Waterford not high tide for another hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

aurora 527 wrote: »
    1621818_717351434972253_2008526579_n.jpg

Water starting to flood the Quay in Waterford not high tide for another hour.

Yep, is it coming up the drains?

large_image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Plenty of pics coming in now of Cork flooding

http://inagist.com/all/430757467463512065/

Advertisement