Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch 2014: February/March

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

RaeRae wrote: »
    Can we stop with the Dublin airport reports lads? It's getting out of hand and there is an aviation forum where ye can go discuss it there.

In that case can we also stop with the reports from Cork / Waterford? Entire forums there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Locals in Dunmore East say they havent seen seas like that in 40 yrs. Will be interesting to see in the morning.

Quite rare to get a deep low on that kind of track. Even though those winds were not severe at all really, they are much more rare on south/east coasts from that angle compared to the usual strong winds from lows mainly impacting the west coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Edited video post 449. Is working now.

Cogsy88 wrote: »
    Edited video post 449. Shud be working now.

Still not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Edited video post 449. Shud be working now.

Still not working for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Locals in Dunmore East say they havent seen seas like that in 40 yrs. Will be interesting to see in the morning.

Looked wild on the videos posted earlier, wouldn't be surprised if there's similar damage along the south coast that the west had at the start of the year but we'll have a better idea in the morning

Coastal damage really has been the theme of this winter, we haven't really had a proper severe windstorm all winter but in my lifetime at least I can never remember such a consistently windy winter with so many tidal surges, Cork seems to be flooded almost every week recently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

270 members watching the weather forum (plus guests).

307 listeners to my ATC feed, 395 listeners to all the Dublin ATC feeds combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

good surf there tomorrow too when the wind swings west. it'll be nice and clean. with an offshore breeze;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Posted on Broadsheet earlier:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Im definitely in the minority here but i was expecting alot worse then what we got here in north meath, yeah its fairly windy but its not to bad and apart from a 15min spell around the time of my last post, the rain hasnt been that heavy thankfully.

• Advertisement

Poleberry was saved from flooding by blocking the street with giant sandbags.

Bfqd08fIAAAkHYk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

R anybody videos working? I can't seem to watch dem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

R anybody videos working? I can't seem to watch dem.

Some of them are pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Poleberry was saved from flooding by blocking the street with giant sandbags

Some of which were stuffed full of people evidently.

Damien Tiernan ‏@damienrte

Got soaked in tramore; had to do 'live' from studio in spare running shorts i luckily had in boot; dont think i will tweet a pic!

Bfqdz8iIAAAGA1_.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Posted on Broadsheet earlier:

The house in the middle looks terrified!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

Im definitely in the minority here but i was expecting alot worse then what we got here in north meath, yeah its fairly windy but its not to bad and apart from a 15min spell around the time of my last post, the rain hasnt been that heavy thankfully.

Yet ......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Bfqdz8iIAAAGA1_.jpg

:pac:

Good man Damien! :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

wind seems to be picking up again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Well I had the unfortunate pleasure of getting stuck out in the bad weather, when it really kicked off in Carlow town at around 5.30 [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png[/IMG] kids with me, fun not!! Loads of excess surface water very strong winds and heavy rain our hands and faces were numb and sore from the rain!
    Here is a link to the Carlow weather web http://www.carlowweather.com/
    we had a very high 101.09 km/h at 8.03 pm :eek: lights flickered but still on so far
    max gust at 64.8 km/h and staying at that levels so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Update from Met Eireann

It will continue very windy and very showery tonight in most areas with severe and possibly damaging gusts and also some thundery downpours and local flooding.
    The winds will ease off over Munster later with some fog and frost developing here. Lowest temperatures 1 to 5 degrees.
    hr.gif

Tomorrow

Wednesday:
    Cold with a mixture of sunny spells and heavy showers, thundery locally with spot flooding. Highest temperatures 6 to 9 degrees.
    Strong westerly winds over Munster, light elsewhere.

Outlook

General : Cold, changeable weather, with occasional showers and frosty conditions at night. But late Friday, Friday night and Saturday will be extremely windy and very wet too, with a risk of some stormy weather developing.
    Cold, windy and showery for much of Wednesday night, with some hail at times. Lowest temperatures zero to plus 3 C., with some frost around dawn.
    Thursday will be a cool, breezy day with fresh and gusty southwest winds. Some bright or sunny spells, but some rain hail or sleet showers at times too. Top temperatures of just 4 to 7 C. Cold overnight with slack winds and just isolated wintry showers. Lowest temperatures -1 to plus 2 C., with a sharp frost and some icy patches.
    Friday will start off cool and bright, with sunny spells and just a few showers. Highs of 5 to 7 C., are expected. But present indications suggest that an extremely windy and very wet period of weather, will sweep in off the Atlantic late in the day and overnight. Saturday looks like being an extremely windy, blustery day, with further rain or showers too, heavy at times. Some severe gusts are possible and there is an ongoing risk of some flooding in this period.
    Sunday looks like being a cold, windy day, with occasional showers, a few possibly wintry.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

antodeco wrote: »
    The house in the middle looks terrified!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

does that mean cork city is in for flooding again in the morning? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Some sudden bad weather on the summit of Two Rock mountain. Eye piercing hail and my tripod was being lifted into the air!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭brevity

Got very heavy again in Douglas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Real time chat on current conditions if anyone i interested.. https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/irishweather

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Still pretty rough out there. 66 knots Dun Laoghaire

Advertisement