Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch 2014: February/March

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

961hpa now at Belmullet, watch it fall over the next few hours.

962.9mb Falling Rapidly here in Kerry, I think my new record of 951.2mb could be broken by this storm, and possibly broken again later next week :)

Wind initially from the SE has veered to the SSW, top gust so far 60 km/h

( I see on Sky News they are saying it has been the wettest January in England in almost 250 yrs )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

No too bad here in south armagh
    Well used to the wind where I am nothing to drastic the last few weeks to be honest with the exception of st Stephens night that was as bad as wind as I have seen in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

962.9mb Falling Rapidly here in Kerry, I think my new record of 951.2mb could be broken by this storm, and possibly broken again later next week :)

Wind initially from the SE has veered to the SSW, top gust so far 60 km/h

( I see on Sky News they are saying it has been the wettest January in England in almost 250 yrs )

Somerset will vouch for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Not going any further than Sunday on the 2355 forecast on radio 1 with Gerry murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

At present the Slaney is almost 1 meter lower than the peak it hit on Wednesday, in my opinion the Slaney is a fast flowing river which is the opposite of what RTE stated on the news tonight and it rises and falls quickly as the waterlevel.ie graphs show.

The Barrow is back below the level it was at last night which is 0.6 of a meter lower than its peak today however the Barrow is a slow moving river and is likely to rise over the next 48 hours..

• Advertisement

2327 update from Met....stormy in the south after

Heavy or prolonged showers overnight, some thundery. It will be windy in all areas, but will be extremely windy or stormy in coastal counties of Munster as well as southern coasts of Galway and Wexford. Lowest temperatures of 3 to 5 degrees

2300 reports. Gust 50kts at Valentia and Kinsale. 959hpa at Belmullet(falling very rapidly)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I don't want to tempt fate, following my earlier post, but we've had relatively little rain. It's all quite tame here. Weather.com says it's not going to be too bad here in this part of Meath night. No complaints. Long may it last.

I've probably just jinxed myself........... Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

getting very windy in cork city south

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

All calm and mild in Ennis, waiting (Im)patiently :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

just now on the 11.50 news/weather Evelyn said gale force 10, with the possibility of extreme force 11 for south/cork areas, .....this could turn out to be very bad again.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Some quite intense hail showers mixed into the fairly persistent rain in Cork City at the moment and winds have definitely increased.

Yep the far south could get some severe gusts overnights, keep the posts coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Some quite intense hail showers mixed into the fairly persistent rain in Cork City at the moment and winds have definitely increased.

kinda hoping for some thunder and lightening tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Heavy rain with rising wind at the moment Douglas near Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Absolutely insanely heavy shower in Cork City at the moment!!!

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    kinda hoping for some thunder and lightening tonight

By the sound of that hail that we had a few mins ago, I think it's quite possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

First time I see "Fine" on the met report ever since the start of the storm train :p Clear and calm here in Limerick but expecting it won't last :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

SpaceTime wrote: »
    By the sound of that hail that we had a few mins ago, I think it's quite possible.

bring it on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

leahyl wrote: »
    Absolutely insanely heavy shower in Cork City at the moment!!!
    That was unreal...and now its gone really quiet....

• Advertisement

Band of heavy showers approaching the west coast now

I see there's a red alert in France for the most westerly parts of Brittany.

Saw first flash of lightening of the night Silversprings direction at a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Flash of lightning and a classic crack of thunder here in Rathcormac, got the dog barking :D

Make that two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

10 blue flashes so far . They're pretty loud aswell.

wideangle wrote: »
    Saw first flash of lightening of the night Silversprings direction at a guess.

My windows must be particularly well sound proofed, didn't see it and I'm not that far away!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    Where are you? The other night I read a post from someone in clonmel they had thunder. 40 minutes later here in Waterford got it. And Ithought the winds were coming in from the coast.
    just curious because I am completely an amateur. However thanks to the regular posters here I am being educated.

Up in sligo, was just the one, not much happening , thankfully.

• Advertisement

I heard no thunder Space time,just the flash each time counted, five in total.

Advertisement