Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch 2014: February/March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Slowly picking up in Waterford, latest gusts upto 66KPH. Nothing too bad yet, sounds worse though as it always does from this direction. Still fine also!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Lashing here on cork city. Let the fun begin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Lashing here on cork city. Let the fun begin

typical on the day I decided to run home :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Run Forrest, run! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

man-in-pouring-rain.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Jack lynch tunnel open until 10pm tonight because of the expected flooding

Live cams here in case anyone wants to see....

http://www.jacklynchtunnel.ie/trafficcameras/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Just want to say please be careful everyone in affected areas. And everyone on the roads be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Wind is really starting to pick up here in Tramore, Co.Waterford now, rain is starting also.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Starting to pick up in Dun Laoghaire now.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

yeah its an ill wind for tramore straight at the town. there'll be patio furniture,deck chairs and sun loungers everywhere tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Starting to pick up in Carrick-on-Suir, rain beating down and wind starting to swing the electricity wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I see WaterfordCityWeather station jumped up to 83.3 km/h gust just there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Rain has started now and this storm has moved up to the next level. Just recorded a gust of 84km/h

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Rain has started now and this storm has moved up to the next level. Just recorded a gust of 84km/h

www.waterfordcityweather.com

What can we expect here in the city Mick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

cotton wrote: »
    Starting to pick up in Dun Laoghaire now.

Already a 39 knot gust at Dun Laoghaire (72 km/hr) and the peak is a good 4 hours away. Can see DL harbour topping 65 knots later on in the evening.

patneve2 wrote: »
    Already a 39 knot gust at Dun Laoghaire (72 km/hr) and the peak is a good 4 hours away. Can see DL harbour topping 65 knots later on in the evening.

Shame it will be low tide (or a blessing!). Would have been an interesting trip to the seaside around 9/10pm.

Tide is starting to rise at Wexford Harbour one hour before normal low tide.

vA2LPcX.png

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Really violent SE gusts on coast east of cork harbour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Tide is starting to rise at Wexford Harbour one hour before normal low tide.

vA2LPcX.png

Presume this means when it reaches normal high tide time the actual tide will be a lot higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

a month of non stop storms - perhaps doubters may now be convinced about climate change and global warming

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Shame it will be low tide (or a blessing!). Would have been an interesting trip to the seaside around 9/10pm.

Yeah definitely a blessing, a SE strong gale is always bad esp for the Clontarf area. Will still have a stroll down to the coast at around 9pm, should be wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

292298.png

292300.png

Wind rising and pressure falling in Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

It's gone absolutely wild here with storm and driving wind and rain - we are quite high up.

Presume this means when it reaches normal high tide time the actual tide will be a lot higher?

From that it looks like it might end up around 1m higher. I don't know at what level flooding begins there though.

Edit : I read that the quay starts to flood at 3m, so looks like it will be close.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

netbeatz wrote: »
    What can we expect here in the city Mick?

Similar wind speeds or higher than yesterday with a lot more rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Somebodies wheelie bin just went skidding past....
    thebaz wrote: »
    a month of non stop storms - perhaps doubters may now be convinced about climate change and global warming

Probably best not to open that can of worms in this thread! Perhaps a separate one to look at possible causes of this mild stormy winter might be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Really violent SE gusts on coast east of cork harbour!!

I'm done near Mahon point and it's really strong winds and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

From that it looks like it might end up around 1m higher. I don't know at what level flooding begins there though.

Edit : I read that the quay starts to flood at 3m, so looks like it will be close.

Tweets from Peter Scallan Wexford RNLI Lifeboat helm.

Peter Scallan @PeterScallan
    Will #Wexford #flood tonight? Too close to call. Computer model shows no flood. though it's within the margin of error that it may.

'Normal' high tide tonight #Wexford is 22:02 1.9m. Tide likely to reach 2.6m at 19:50 & stay above that til 22:40, peaking at 2.75 at 21:45

High Tide #Wexford tonight forecast 2.75m. If >3.0m Crescent Quay floods. >3.3m floods Quay near Bridge. Within margin of error though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

thebaz wrote: »

tumblr_mm16t089uw1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

Sorry, could not resist ;)

• Advertisement

Some good news is Saturday's system isn't looking nearly as threatening on latest runs.

Advertisement