Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch 2014: February/March

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

Yea pretty boring weather now alright and seems like we'll never see the end of it.
    Roll on summer 2014.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

from the looks of things I fear we could be in for a few more months of a raging Atlantic, I have accepted that winter 2013/2014 is a total write-off in terms of cold/ice and snow but I am hoping that things calm down by June so that we can enjoy some weeks of warm sunshine and a few spanish plumes thrown in for good measure. If things keep going the way they are we could be in for a wet and miserable summer, fingers crossed for a dying atlantic around summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I will be very surprised if we aren't looking at charts like this one for the next few weeks, basically nothing weather (surprise surprise in a nothing climate!!) we're long overdue a long dry spell - expect one of the driest Marchs on record.
    http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/runs/2014022212/ECM1-240.GIF?22-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Could well get a dry April and a crap summer. What are the chances of getting 2 good summers in a row? Very slim its even harder than trying to get snow in winter :)

Any sign of our summer forecast MT?

Im looking forward to the spring now:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

really windy with high gusts cork city south

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A very wet night in Castlebar with a lot of rain falling.spot flooding will definatly occur overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 brianville

Agree totally. Some worrying gusts near bandon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

pretty windy and lashing rain in arklow at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Some serious storm here in cork. Wind is knocking all sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

yes getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

well this is unexpected. winds howling here in cork city. strong gusts as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Very windy here most of the evening but no rain so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

It looks like being windier and more extensive in the early hours of this morning than it will be on Monday/Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

It's even windy in Sligo today

In hurling the cork goalie pucked a wide

That was in laois!

My 2 year old blew over yesterday but she's used to it this winter

March will be a lot better.

Still a storm for cork Kerry on Monday night. No Feb 12 event but 65 knots possible

Even met eireann who are as cautious as an Ireland team at Twickenham say there will be warning levels Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭teddybones

85kph gusts here in Wicklow. A very stormy night but doesn't sound so bad without the driving rain of previous storms but by my reckoning it is up there with the other wind storms this winter albeit not as bad as the great Wednesday one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Jaysis it's windy here in Cork harbour and has been for several hours now! On a par with Stephen's night I'd say, but much more sustained.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Some very strong gusts in Portarlington,laois seem to be blowing from a slightly different direction from the last few windy days. My Patio door is making some funny noises. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Haven't slept a wink all night with the ferocious winds in South Kilkenny . Ten hours of continuous wind, some of the gusts are on a par with stormdarwin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

The winds are stronger here in NW lusk, than last week IMO. Perhaps it is because we are on a hill facing south. Very strong gusts have kept me awake most of the night, with the strongest waking me just before half seven. I had no idea it was going to be this bad, when I read the forecast yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Top gust here was 89.9kmh, nothing exceptional but strong enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Strongest wind I have felt yet in south dublin... wild

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Haven't slept a wink all night with the ferocious winds in South Kilkenny . Ten hours of continuous wind, some of the gusts are on a par with stormdarwin.
    Same here in Waterford. When I did sleep the wind was so wild it woke me. Some of the gusts had the windows rattling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Same here in Blessington - made more noise than any of the other storms so far!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

One of the worst nights yet here in Dunboyne. Almost as bad as st. Stephen's Night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Wild night last night. I got a text from my neighbour that the garden wall came down last night. We only bought the place 2 months ago. Going over soon to check the damage. Didnt see any wind warnings for Dublin yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All over down here it seems, quite windy alright - nothing exceptional just persistent

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭snowstorm2013

Large wall in neighbours garden came down last night. Lucan. It was very stormy at 4am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I get the feeling meteireann knew it was going to be stormy last night but at this stage are too scared to tell us , I find that Gerry Fleming gets a lot of the forecasts wrong, he overshoots one way or the other mostly .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Large wall in neighbours garden came down last night. Lucan. It was very stormy at 4am this morning.

Are you PixelTrawlers neighbour by any chance :)
    Very windy outside Newport Co Mayo. A few strong gusts but nothing to worry us yet. Flooding seems to be the main issue. Drove to foxford yesterday and the fields all looked like lakes. The river moy is as high as I have seen it in years, over the banks but not reached the roads yet.

Advertisement