Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch 2014: February/March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Looks like the Marine Institute's servers are getting hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 himilsbachol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Gust of 59 knots at Dun Laoghaire, heavy rain also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

ollie1 wrote: »
    The weather here in Dun Laoghaire is crazy the wind is constantly howling.

Gust Speed: 59.0 kts (F: 11 )

Tide in Wexford Harbour is 1.3m above predicted height at the moment. 3 hours before high tide there.

How is the Lee looking in Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Cork harbour. Still quite windy and gusty, but definite moderate drop off in intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Crazy stuff in Dunmore east. I think this is by the ramp at the strand inn

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=734782896534680&set=vb.242182825794692&type=2&theater

That driver was like I'm getting the foook outta here!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Very windy in Sligo. Can't wait to go training.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The observed tide at Wexford Harbor is now above the predicted high tide level for 10pm.

Authorities shutting Wexford Quays tonight apparentely

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭GREENGEKO

very high rain/wind in kildare at the moment but the main problem seams to be a lot of run off surface water from Saturated fields onto the roads causing a lot of floods on backroads ect......nasty night ahead,good luck all out in cyber land!!!!!!while you have power that is......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

60kts recorded at Waterford airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Just passed the river lee and its just starting slightly on south terrace. 2 hours away from high tide and the water is only about 20mins from flooding

• Registered Users Posts: 34 phillo65

I was blessed to have the company of some tosser in an Audi about 3 feet from the back of the bike for nearly the whole
    Ye need that.Nice of him to stay close to keep a look out for you.In this weather these people would want to learn to keep distance from ALL other road users,be it cars,trucks,bikes,cyclists and pedestrians and to expect any thing to happen.Unfortunatly I don't think they will ever cop on.Obviously to them being 3 feet behind you will get them there quicker than being 20 feet behind.

Found a recent pic of the Lee. Looking high. Only saving grace is that the sustained winds are gradually reducing. Won't be enough to stop flooding though.

BfpwsGgIMAAp72C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Iancar29 wrote: »
    BfpMaopIAAA73qE.jpg

looks nasty,wherea that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Picking up strong @ Dun Laoghaire

Wind Speed: 39.7 kts (F: 8 )
    Gust Speed: 59.5 kts (F: 11 )

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

guys whats does Abs mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

entering "very windy" territory here...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

diceyd wrote: »

Anti Lock Brakes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

looks nasty,wherea that?

Outside ! ha , just back from walking the dog k full hi vis rain gear on , was awesome , got stopped in my tracks a few times with the gusts of the wind.

the roads are turning into rivers, might have to take a trip down to see the tolka river tomorrow morning and record its height.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

phillo65 wrote: »
    I was blessed to have the company of some tosser in an Audi about 3 feet from the back of the bike for nearly the whole
    Ye need that.Nice of him to stay close to keep a look out for you.In this weather these people would want to learn to keep distance from ALL other road users,be it cars,trucks,bikes,cyclists and pedestrians and to expect any thing to happen.Unfortunatly I don't think they will ever cop on.Obviously to them being 3 feet behind you will get them there quicker than being 20 feet behind.

Audi drivers. Worst drivers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just recorded a Gust of 96.7 km/h at 7:07pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Winds have decreased at DUB airport the last while. I see Cork isn't showing any recent gusts either?

That's hardly it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nothing remotely stormy on the met reports tonight, highest gust only 49kts and Mace Head is the only station at gale force, I know the wind was never forecast as particularly severe but I still expected it to be windier. Flooding os obviously the main risk as the night goes on if the reports from Cork and Wexford are anything to go by

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I was on the DART there about an hour ago and past Dun Laoghaire, I thought a body went under the train and later I thought we were going through a tunnel but we were nowhere near one. I was being spanked by the wind on the walk home.

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Winds have decreased at DUB airport the last while. I see Cork isn't showing any recent gusts either?

That's hardly it?

Winds have peaked in the southwest now but won't peak until later tonight on southeast and east coasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭TextureLikeSun

Just outside gorey-Winds steadily increasing here all evening and rain is belting down. Kids are finding the sound of the wind quite scary earphones all round here me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Harps wrote: »
    Nothing remotely stormy on the met reports tonight, highest gust only 49kts and Mace Head is the only station at gale force, I know the wind was never forecast as particularly severe but I still expected it to be windier. Flooding os obviously the main risk as the night goes on if the reports from Cork and Wexford are anything to go by

Due to the set up of the stations we don't have any official Met stations near the east coast.

We have recent 60kt gusts at Waterford Airport and Dun Laoghaire Harbour, on forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭weathermaiden

24buijs.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭tiegan

Very windy here in Fethard, Co Tipp - constant very strong winds, and power outage. Rain just about to ease off I think

Advertisement