Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Kinnear Resigned

• 04-02-2014 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭

According to 5 live

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Resigned sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Thank fúck for that. What an absolute shambles of an appointment in the first place. An embarrassment to himself and the club.

\o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Omnishambles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Probably in protest to selling Kebab. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He heard Newcastle were considering Konoplyanka and Yarmalenko in the summer so got out first.

Real problem is still Ashley and what happens now. I'm expecting a monumental PR cock up in 3... 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He'll have been told to jump before he is pushed and paid handsomely for doing so. Season ticket renewal time is coming up soon and this will be seen as a way of getting some fans back on board after the derby battering.

Dennis Wise in next please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its shocking that he wasnt sacked

Maybe the article has a misprint and it turns out he's actually re-signed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

For someone who's of Irish origin, his personality and accent is so utterly unirsh, he's like some odious used car salesman from one of those sh*te places around the M25.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Guess this means I need a new signature.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Getting himself ready for the United job when it opens up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

ther have been many failures in football - but his perfomance as DoF at Newcastle was one of the worst in my memory - up ther will Steve stauntan being made manager of Ireland - how he ever got the job in the first place , is a wonder in itself- absolutly useless - did well with the crazy Gang at Wimbledon , but that was nearly 20 years ago. Unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Him and Ashley live in the same area/street I think in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Some hilarious reading from the Independent today on why Kinnear was dismissed:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/revealed-why-joe-kinnear-had-to-leave-newcastle-including-his-claims-about-a-25m-move-for-mohamad-salah-his-wining-and-dining-of-the-supremes-and-his-struggles-with-his-mobile-phone-9108588.html
    From the start, fantasy and reality merged for Kinnear. The 67-year-old's outlandish boasts during eight chaotic months in his position at St James' Park can be revealed here:

How he privately claimed Newcastle were going to sign Mohamad Salah last month for £25 million AFTER a deal had been struck with Chelsea for less than half that figure.

How he told punters in the Hilton Hotel the night before Newcastle were beaten by Manchester City in January that he had £20 million to spend on a striker, a boast that reached and infuriated owner Mike Ashley.

How he struggled with technology and had endless problems with his mobile phone.

How he got the name of his own defender Shane Ferguson muddled up with former midfielder Stephen Ireland and called him Shane Ireland.

How he claimed on a train earlier this season as he headed to watch a Newcastle match that he had to call off a drinking night with Bobby Moore to wine and dine the Supremes.

How he told fans not to worry about selling Tim Krul because he had three world class goalkeepers lined up.

And more damagingly how he then agreed a fee for midfielder Yohan Cabaye that was less than the £25 million the club wanted.

The Mirror claim he reckoned he could get Bale in:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastles-joe-kinnear-paid-price-3112128
    He believed he could open the doors not only to football managers around the world, but also to Bale, who he claimed to know and could meet back in North London, where they both lived.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

A poor man's Walter Mitty. A joke of an appointment.

How he struggled with technology and had endless problems with his mobile phone.

Bloody hell. I can laugh at it now but what a gobshíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm sure Mike Ashley is now getting inundated with glittering football manager CV's for the vacant director of football job with a simple but perfectly valid summary at the top, "I'd be better than Joe fcuking Kinnear!".

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm sure Mike Ashley is now getting inundated with glittering football manager CV's for the vacant director of football job with a simple but perfectly valid summary at the top, "I'd be better than Joe fcuking Kinnear!".

You'd be right.

www.nufcfans.co.uk/2014/02/newcastle-united-joe-kinnear-toonarmymia-twitter-application/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Pardew clains Kinnear did a good job -

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26070045

bringing in Remy was good business, but apart from that his tenure was pittifull , no one else signed , and that was a loan, and then sold ther best player - I'm sure most of us here could have done a similar good job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

thebaz wrote: »
    bringing in Remy was good business, but apart from that his tenure was pittifull , no one else signed , and that was a loan, and then sold ther best player - I'm sure most of us here could have done a similar good job

Not necessarily, you don't know if they had any money or not, or what his remit is. I'm not for one second saying it's likely he did a good job, it's Joe Kinnear after all, but it's always easy to say someone did a job like that badly when you don't know what their actual job was, or what their targets were. Maybe he was told he had minimal cash to spend, and needed to get the wages down to a certain point to free wages up for spending in the summer

Advertisement