Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forums missing from drop down lists

Options
  • 04-02-2014 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Seems to be forums missing from the drop down lists

Zoology
    Triathlon

Fairly sure there's others missing as well.

If I click on the categories (eg. Science or Sports) they are there

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Looks like you're on the deprecated Boards.ie Beta skin. If you go to your user CP and change back to the default skin, the forums will show again.

This is an old legacy skin so unfortunately we aren't supporting it anymore. The menu regeneration for this skin has been broken for a long time now so some forums will not appear in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Thanks Alvis :)
    But I think I know why I chose it. With the default skin I can't see the sub forums without clicking for them. With the beta skin they were all on view...well except for missing ones.

So which skin is current and provides view of all like I had in the beta skin.

And I'm curious as to why a an unsupported skin is available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hello again.

The current skin is "Boards New Beta" and is the only one we support.

There was a design decision made to collapse some forum categories and not show every sub forum for Boards New Beta, so the short answer is: There is currently no option to use the current skin and have all the subforums expanded. We will consider making it a user option to have all the subforums expanded by default in the future.

Unsupported skins are still available because we haven't time yet to begin work removing them. Once the threadview and the forumview have been migrated to the new UI framework away from vBulletin, we will look into removing the old skins entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Thanks for comprehensive reply :)
    There was a design decision made to collapse some forum categories and not show every sub forum for Boards New Beta
    Purely from my own point of view and how much I enjoy seeing the full list, this was a bad decision.
    There is currently no option to use the current skin and have all the subforums expanded.
    This is disappointing :(
    We will consider making it a user option to have all the subforums expanded by default in the future.
    At this stage probably needless to say that I hope this comes to fruition and much sooner than later! So please add my vote to this option.

Matter closed

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement