Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Membership

Options
  • 04-02-2014 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Looking for gym membership for a 16 year old. Checked out Oakgrove (we live in the Southside) and anywhere this side of the city would be ideal. It costs €300:eek: a year! Is there anywhere of more value? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I know fitness worx tramore road have a teen gym club but I've no idea of prices unless you chevk in with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I know fitness worx tramore road have a teen gym club but I've no idea of prices unless you chevk in with them!

Thanks a mil
    Is that in Donnybrook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Thanks a mil
    Is that in Donnybrook?

The one I use is in tramore road but there maybe another one up there I'm not 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭kult

300 a year works out at 82c a day, not bad at all or 25euro a month

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Thanks a mil
    Is that in Donnybrook?

That one is on Tramore road, they moved from Donnybrook last year :)

• Advertisement

kult wrote: »
    300 a year works out at 82c a day, not bad at all or 25euro a month

I know it sounds ok when you put it like that, but I think it's a bit steep for a 16 year old....I can't afford it at the moment.

That's ture, ask them if they would some kind of installments for you? Some gyms do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Some gyms do have a really stupid policy of asking for the sum up front; That said, 25 euro a month (300/year) is just about as low as you'd get, ulsess you find some specific student arrangements.

Nemo Rangers has a 29.99 euro/month option provided you pay with direct debit - not sure if there is a similarly priced cash option.

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Some gyms do have a really stupid policy of asking for the sum up front; That said, 25 euro a month (300/year) is just about as low as you'd get, ulsess you find some specific student arrangements.

Nemo Rangers has a 29.99 euro/month option provided you pay with direct debit - not sure if there is a similarly priced cash option.

I know and understand that the gyms need to know how much income they'll have for the year.
    I suppose I'm being unfair and cherry picking. It's just he won't be using it during the summer or not so much when he gets back to sports in school in September.

Some gyms freeze memberships for a month or so if you give them notice:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Would he not join some other type of club that trains and/or has use of a gym regularly?
    I'm thinking along the lines of a boxing club - most train 3 or 4 nights a week and the costs wouldn't be anything like the quotes for regular gyms in most cases.

There's a boxing gym over the Lakelands Pub but I know that others use it as well for regular training.

Would he not join some other type of club that trains and/or has use of a gym regularly?
    I'm thinking along the lines of a boxing club - most train 3 or 4 nights a week and the costs wouldn't be anything like the quotes for regular gyms in most cases.

There's a boxing gym over the Lakelands Pub but I know that others use it as well for regular training.

Thanks a mil twowheelsonly....will run that by him. Thank you!

Advertisement