Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College computer course help!!!

Options
  • 04-02-2014 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi
    I'm in sixth year at the moment and I hope to get around 400 points
    I'm very interested in studying computers but only because when I have tried to do basic computer courses I found them enjoyable enough and generally I'm just pretty handy when it comes to computers
    Unfortunately I know very little about the different college courses and jobs that one can get from having a degree in computers as I know it is a great thing in the modern day to be able to work with computers
    If any one who is maybe in a college computer course or of course anyone with qualifications or a job already could shed some light on the topic for me it would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Studying Computers is a very borad term. Do you want to work with hardware(making computers) or software(making programs and apps)? I have a few friends of mine do computer science in UCD but not sure of the point count for that. Theres a lot of jobs available in computing. Seems to be more on the software side but im sure others can give you a better feedback.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

As the previous poster said, IT is a very broad term. Points in UCD were something like 470, I think UCC jumped 100 points last year.

UCD have one of the highest points in Computer Science.

Are you interested in managing/service IT (business aspect of it), software development or hardware engineering?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NT7

Thanks for posting back I did mean to mention I believe that my skills would lie more so in the software development side than working with hardware

Advertisement