Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Lee Jay Lynch (St.Pats)

Not confirmed either but announced by live 95fms Mick Aherne. Great to see another young local lad with LOI experience snapped up.

Lee Jay Lynch (St.Pats)

Not confirmed either but announced by live 95fms Mick Aherne. Great to see another young local lad with LOI experience snapped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Jofspring wrote: »
    Lee Jay Lynch (St.Pats)

One of our lads going the other way?

One of our lads going the other way?

Not as far as I know. The only one I've heard is Gaffney to Rovers for Kilduff.

Zayed and Kilduff fell through.

Still great business in the transfer window.

Lee Lynch (Pats)
    Joseph Ndo (Sligo) loan
    Kieran Djilali (Sligo)
    Jack Doherty (Ipswich) loan
    Shane O Connor (Portadown)
    Ian Turner (Cork) loan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Lovely goal by Gaffney. 1-0

2-0 Turner

OG. 3-0 Could get used to this.

4-0 Folan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

We were very good tonight, ended the bad run.

Lee J Lynch is a serious signing, he was excellent tonight. Great movement off the ball, good pace, attacked with intelligence.

Djilali wasn't great tonight, but still is probably a decent signing. I always thought he flattered to deceive with Sligo, but he does get goals and assists and is a different attacking option to what we have available.

Folan was excellent tonight, very solid at the back, Williams was poor enough, Hughes worked himself to a standstill. Turner is good going forward, but is lazy defensively, he was impressive tonight. And Gaffney was excellent, absolutely top class finish for his goal, could have had another maybe, set up 1 too. Lynch would have been my MotM.

And a wondersave from Barry Ryan, he seemed to hang up in the air as the ball looked to be bouncing high into the net, but he just managed to tip it over. Top class stuff, he made about 3 other really really good saves... we're lucky to have him, even if his kickouts can be poor at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Wow very impresssed with the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That burst of rain was something else last night. Came home from the game like a drowned rat.

Great result though, and was made even sweeter as it was against one of the two LOI clubs that I have taken a real dislike to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Great win,its amazing what a decent manager can do to lift the players. Hope Taylor was watching he might have learn't something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Our Brian wrote: »
    Great win,its amazing what a decent manager can do to lift the players. Hope Taylor was watching he might have learn't something.

Your attitude towards Taylor is awful..
    Last night was a great performance, but last week was abysmal..

We hammered a rovers side on an awful run..let's not start getting ahead of ourselves..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Did Taylor bang your missus or something? You have a ridiculous agenda against him. Where were you the last few weeks when we were muck?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Your attitude towards Taylor is awful..
    Last night was a great performance, but last week was abysmal..

We hammered a rovers side on an awful run..let's not start getting ahead of ourselves..

Rovers may have had some very mixed form coming into the game, but was still sweet to see Limerick's run of Ls end. Some of the recent results, the Athlone game in particular, were hard to stomach.

A win against Bray next week would be very welcome. As for the Dundalk game that comes after that. Well anything at all would be a bonus from that.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Rovers may have had some very mixed form coming into the game, but was still sweet to see Limerick's run of Ls end. Some of the recent results, the Athlone game in particular, were hard to stomach.

A win against Bray next week would be very welcome. As for the Dundalk game that comes after that. Well anything at all would be a bonus from that.

Of course and last night was a fantastic performance and result, best atmosphere for a while too, but i suppose 4 goals will do that.

3 points agaist bray is very doable, and the additions to the squad seem to be well needed.. take nothing away from Russell, it was fantastic, but just dont agree with hte taylor bashing

Of course and last night was a fantastic performance and result, best atmosphere for a while too, but i suppose 4 goals will do that.

3 points agaist bray is very doable, and the additions to the squad seem to be well needed.. take nothing away from Russell, it was fantastic, but just dont agree with hte taylor bashing

Yeah the atmosphere was good, and as you say four goals will have that effect, especially four goals against a team that would be regarded as a bit of a scalp. Cannot stand Rovers myself, so it was a game I was not going to miss.

3 points against Bray should be very doable at home. Then again if you asked me before the Athlone game away, then I would have said the same thing.
    As for the anti Taylor sentiments, don't agree with it myself but as long as folks are willing expand upon their povs when challenged, then it could lead to some good conversation in the thread.

Dundalk away could be a bit of a drubbing if Dundalk hit form, but would be a hell of a result to take something from them.

magma69 wrote: »
    Did Taylor bang your missus or something? You have a ridiculous agenda against him. Where were you the last few weeks when we were muck?

No need to get personal, and leave my missus out of this smart arse. I'm there every week muck or not. Taylor had'nt a clue, and last night proved it.

No need to get personal, and leave my missus out of this smart arse. I'm there every week muck or not. Taylor had'nt a clue, and last night proved it.

What about the previous match? Does that prove that Russell was the wrong man?

Now I hope that Martin Russell does turn out to be a big success at the club, but the one win and two losses since Taylor left does not prove an awful lot about Taylor being the wrong man.

As for Taylor, I think he is not a bad manager, but it seemed like he became a bit too inflexible this season and for whatever reason was slow to act at times.

Would be curious to hear why you think Taylor was the wrong man for the job though, or to phrase the question a little better, why do you think he would not have turned things around next season had he been kept?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

David Moyes started well too at United, look at him now.;)
    We all hope that Russell does well but judging him on one display is jumping the gun.
    If anything give enormous credit to Pat O'Sullivan. His goal for this year is survival. I can honestly see Limerick pushing for the title within 2/3 seasons.
    Lets hope the people of the city get off their armchairs and get out and support the team.
    As a diehard Brian, you too know this is what's needed.

washman3 wrote: »
    David Moyes started well too at United, look at him now.;)
    We all hope that Russell does well but judging him on one display is jumping the gun.
    If anything give enormous credit to Pat O'Sullivan. His goal for this year is survival. I can honestly see Limerick pushing for the title within 2/3 seasons.
    Lets hope the people of the city get off their armchairs and get out and support the team.
    As a diehard Brian, you too know this is what's needed.

Well said, i have to agree with you. People should get out now and support the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

To be fair to people, given the enthusiasm with which you've come on here to stick the knife into Taylor (over a long period of time and even now after he's gone), you can't blame anybody for wondering if there is a personal slant to your endless criticism of the man. You seemed just to appear after every defeat to trot out your bile while being invisible after games like the 2-0 win against Pats. I have no idea who you are in the real world but your posts here strongly suggest somebody with an agenda regardless of that being the case or not.

Personally I don't think Taylor over-achieved by any stretch and his pandering to fans during games always irritated me but he was harshly treated if results are used as a yardstick. The man is gone, put your drum away, try supporting the team as you're urging others to do rather than taking cuts off somebody who has already left the stage (to work with a Premiership club apparently which isn't bad going for somebody without a clue).

To be fair to people, given the enthusiasm with which you've come on here to stick the knife into Taylor (over a long period of time and even now after he's gone), you can't blame anybody for wondering if there is a personal slant to your endless criticism of the man. You seemed just to appear after every defeat to trot out your bile while being invisible after games like the 2-0 win against Pats. I have no idea who you are in the real world but your posts here strongly suggest somebody with an agenda regardless of that being the case or not.

Personally I don't think Taylor over-achieved by any stretch and his pandering to fans during games always irritated me but he was harshly treated if results are used as a yardstick. The man is gone, put your drum away, try supporting the team as you're urging others to do rather than taking cuts off somebody who has already left the stage (to work with a Premiership club apparently which isn't bad going for somebody without a clue).
    Ok Stuart point taken, time to move on so, by the way best of luck with the new job.

Ok Stuart point taken, time to move on so, by the way best of luck with the new job.

to be fair he does make a fair point, you were extremely quick to criticise Taylor and very slow to praise him when we did well.

Taylor apparently has got himself a great job in England, and I wish him all the best, while Russell can hopefully manage to keep us up(minimum) this year and develop his ways over the summer..

one decent game, even against Rovers, doesn't make a season, but if he keeps up performances like last week then things will look great

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

time to move on so

Now you're getting it, good man. And with 16 of your last 17 posts in this thread attacks on Taylor, nobody can say it's come too soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

to be fair he does make a fair point, you were extremely quick to criticise Taylor and very slow to praise him when we did well.

Taylor apparently has got himself a great job in England, and I wish him all the best, while Russell can hopefully manage to keep us up(minimum) this year and develop his ways over the summer..

one decent game, even against Rovers, doesn't make a season, but if he keeps up performances like last week then things will look great

Heard he got taken on by Aston Villa to coach underage teams.

Assistant with Aston Villa under 21's.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Heard he got taken on by Aston Villa to coach underage teams.

Ya, a fantastic job for him really! Nice to see him getting places!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Hey guys,

www.limerickfc.ie/limerick-fc-summer-camps-july-august-enrol-now

Youth summer camps on,
    Just in case any of ye have kids that'd be interested and didn't see it!

Advertisement