Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Also for anyone looking for something to do tonight Limerick vs Bray tonight 7:45pm in Thomond park. If a similar performance to last week is put on the crowd are in for a treat. Very nice attacking football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

missed last weeks game unfortunately but i'll be there tonight. Saw the QPR game and we played lovely stuff so looking forward to tonigh.

We'd go a long way to safety with a win tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

70.mins gone 2 -0 up
    Gaffney and Lee-j Lynch..

Bray were on top in the opening exccanges, v.unlucky not to get a lead, but we've only improved as the game as gone on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Great result again.

Hat trick for Gaffney. Great confidence boost for him.

4-1 FT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

superb second half tonight. Lynch was excellent throughout, should be safe now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Another great three points, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Great win last night... Russell seems to be setting up to get the best out of Gaffney.

Lynch is a great addition. Two tough games coming up, would love to put a dent in Dundalk's title hopes... just cause we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Fireball07 wrote: »
    .........., would love to put a dent in Dundalk's title hopes... just cause we can.

Please do, pretty pretty please

Please do, pretty pretty please

Oh so close.....

• Advertisement

Mightn't have put a dent in Dundalk's title hopes as hoped, but Gaffney fires us to a 1-0 away victory against Pats.

Great win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Mightn't have put a dent in Dundalk's title hopes as hoped, but Gaffney fires us to a 1-0 away victory against Pats.

Great win!

Super result, and without Lee J too! Just a shame we have no cup game to look forward to next weekend (although I'm aware that Ballynanty Rovers v Drogheda is on at the Fairgreen on Sunday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Balls 2 down to Drohs at half time.

Finished Balla 0-4 Drogheda.

Match tomorrow night in Thomond Park vs Derry City at 7:45pm and then next Friday vs Drogheda also at Thomond park with a 7:45pm kick off.

The SSE Airtricity League Premier Division fixture between Limerick and Cork City which was to be played on Friday, September 19 has been rescheduled for Sunday, September 21 at Thomond Park with a kick-off time of 5.30pm.

Munster v Zebre at Thomond Park on Friday Sept 19th. Pitch should be in good condition then!

The SSE Airtricity League Premier Division fixture between Limerick and Cork City which was to be played on Friday, September 19 has been rescheduled for Sunday, September 21 at Thomond Park with a kick-off time of 5.30pm.

Munster v Zebre at Thomond Park on Friday Sept 19th. Pitch should be in good condition then!

I'd say it will actually be grand to be honest. One or two games on it shouldn't have a major effect. It would be if the rugby was back a while we'd see the decline in the surface.

Stinker tonight in Thomond park. Quick turn around thank god with Drogheda on Friday. Need a win for confidence.

That was a disaster last night... Djilali & Turner are both so frustrating. Turner might be the least intelligent footballer I've ever watched.

Turner might be the least intelligent footballer I've ever watched.

You've clearly never seen Glen Johnson then... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

When Oji went off the other night things went downhill.. Any word on his injury?

I found turner frustrating watching ,but he put in some lovely balls near the end of the game then..

Lee Jay was good, was really trying to keep the ball moving..

Bad result but hopefully we can bounce back against drogheda..

Any word on the Markets field recently, have heard nothing in the last couple fo months??

• Advertisement

Very disappointing again on Friday, particularly in the 2nd half. Almost an air of just playing out the end of the season among some of the Limerick players. We won't go down but still don't want the season to fizzle out when we could still repeat our 7th-place finish from last year.

One positive, though, was the performance of Jack Doherty. Looked very promising on the left side of midfield, hope to see plenty more of him in the weeks ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭redron74

The Under 19 side plays its first home match of the season today at 2:00pm at Fairgreen. It's against UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

redron74 wrote: »
    The Under 19 side plays its first home match of the season today at 2:00pm at Fairgreen. It's against UCD.

Thanks for that! Must take a stroll up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭redron74

Hooked wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Must take a stroll up.

Finished 2-0 to Limerick.
    Two good goals, and one really good save from each keeper. The game was played at a fast enough pace, especially considering the heat.

Great result, UCD are always one of the top sides at under 19 level.

I've heard you lot are returning the favour for this fixture and it's free in for under 12s. Maybe somebody might confirm. Well done if true.

I think you will be out numbered in your own backyard. Come on turn up and prove me wrong!!!!!

Nice time for a kick off. You have no excuse.

Ya free in for under twelves when accompanied by an adult. Think it's a maximum of 3 kids per adult. Ya good chance ye might outnumber us alright. We have been hit or miss recently with injuries and have nothing left to play for. Hopefully being a Sunday at 5:30 it might get a few more people through the turnstiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

I think you will be out numbered in your own backyard. Come on turn up and prove me wrong!!!!!

Nice time for a kick off. You have no excuse.

:rolleyes:

Good news: pitch looks good after last night.

Bad news: my kids have decided that we should go to the west stand tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Good news: pitch looks good after last night.

Bad news: my kids have decided that we should go to the west stand tomorrow.

But that's where the cork fans will be.

Didn't see the pitch last night but it was top class a against Edinburgh. The only time I think there would be a serious affect on the pitch would be if there was a sustained period of Rugby and soccer games on it.

Advertisement