Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Jofspring wrote: »
    It's going to be interesting to see what does happen Saturday. As it stands I will not be attending the game. The club have gone too far here and a stance needs to be made. It seems I am not the only one from outside that group of lads that feels this way either.

Our attendance against Bohs was 920. Knock 200 off that as Bohs support. Your down to 720. Then knock off the 40 lads - 680. Going from experience you can knock another 200 off for people that wouldn't come back after the Bohs match and the 5-0 drubbing in Cork and you are down to 480. Then let's say another 20 decide to stand by the lads and refuse to go also. That leaves you with 460 people attending a premier match in Ireland. Not even 460 paying customers on the night either with season tickets, complmentry ones for sponsors etc..

It shows the madness of the club. How could they sustain their ludicrous stance i don't know.

Pretty much bang on the money there; tonight's attendance was 481....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Pretty much bang on the money there; tonight's attendance was 481....

My hole, no more than 400, we worked it out at about 370...but if they counted season ticket holders, most of which were banned or boycotted(of which I'm one) that would put it at about 427

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

Told by steward after game there was under 400. He also told me he was willing to write and sign a letter saying or behaviour was in no way out of line at the game against Bohs and he was the steward in the stand that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Ye're going around in circles a bit here lads. Any chance of a concise history of the events that led to the banning.
    The bad language needs to be contextualised as well, I assume that it was abusive language (directed at who?) rather than the usual Irish tendency to use the F word to punctuate most sentences.
    I followed Cork City for many years, often attending 5 or 6 away games a year. We had our resident loudmouths who could be embarrassing at times, sometimes very humorous but you'd often wish they had been given a few warnings. I stopped going to away games when the main man abused Alan Kelly(ref) for a solid 90 minutes one evening while his sycophant cronies giggled like Beavis and Butthead. If Limerick FC are to make a go of it they need to be a family club, I see no problem with fellas getting the road for abuse, as I said if it's simply bad language then it's to be expected at all sporting events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The funny thing is they are claiming they want a family environment but at the moment we do not have the facility to accommodate that. Throwing lads out of the section they are normally in is not the answer. Doing it when the product on the pitch is poor and the crowds are likely to drop is an even worse time. Families are not coming to games cause most can't be arsed. We are in a ground with one stand and it will be the same in the Markets Field. The club had 4 months to approach the lads with any issues they may have but did not do so until 2 hour before kick off. The lads have also had a number of people that bring their kids to games saying they back them so the family thing is just a bad way of masking some other issue the club seem to have against these lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Limerick 1 up and Drogheda down to 10 men. Turner penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Finished 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Probably should have held on in that situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Lost 2-1 to St. Pats last Saturday.

Turner with the Limerick goal from a free kick, but we were 2 down at that stage. We actually rattled them a bit in the last 15 minutes but we don't have enough in attack to get goals. We looked a bit better defensively too I thought, but still play football when we should just get rid of it.

Home to Dundalk this Saturday with a 6.30 kick off as usual. Their record so far is 5 wins from 5 games and no goals conceded, so I am having nightmares already.

Limerick FC Under 19's beat Cobh last night to win the Under 19 Southern Elite Division.

• Advertisement

Limerick 1 - 1 Dundalk

Limerick became the first team to either score or take points off Dundalk last night, with O'Connor heading home from close range in the 89th minute.

Dundalk scored a cracker in the first half and seemed content with that, but we kept pressing and finally got the reward. Fully deserved point, and great motivation going into next weeks game against Bray.

Great result in fairness. Hopefully they can push on now and win a few games.
    What was the attendance etc, is there still a protest from the potty mouth brigade?:pac:

Seven hundred and something. Good weather and good opposition helped, and Dundalk brought about 180 fans themselves.

The banned lads are still outside with their banners - sounds like they are talking to the club though, so hopefully something may be sorted soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Great result in fairness. Hopefully they can push on now and win a few games.
    What was the attendance etc, is there still a protest from the potty mouth brigade?:pac:

I wont be attending a game myself again,untill what you call (the potty mouth brigade) are back in the stands.Only for them lads their would have being no limerick fc fans at the away games over the last few years.

kerrylad1 wrote: »
    I wont be attending a game myself again,untill what you call (the potty mouth brigade) are back in the stands.Only for them lads their would have being no limerick fc fans at the away games over the last few years.

That's a noble stand you're taking there, must be hard to stay away but fair play to ya.
    You were a regular before this incident??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

That's a noble stand you're taking there, must be hard to stay away but fair play to ya.
    You were a regular before this incident??
    No,Myself and a few workmates go to 5 or 6 games a season.Shift work dictates which games.

Decent enough performance last night. Few major enough quibbles with the whole setup and tactics, but we deserved a point at least, Dundalk were very poor really. Both their centre-backs were awful, could have capitalised on their mistakes more if we had been clinical.

Not convinced by O'Donnell in goal at all, his kicking is poor.
    I like Harding, very strong in the tackle, was good last night.
    Williams did well, seems to be stepping up a bit.
    Hard to believe Paudie O'Connor is only 17, playing with real class at the back.
    Price started well, but while he's a useful player, he worries me with the ball at his feet, never ever uses his right foot. Ever.
    Duggan was excellent again, the driving force of the team. Most important player at the moment.
    Paul O'Conor has been a major disappointment. I know he scored but I expect so much more from him.
    Why oh why would you play Hughes on the wing? He's a central midfielder, an excellent one at that. Wasted out wide.
    Wasn't impressed with Russell yesterday; too easily bullied, and poor first touch. Did nothing yesterday.
    Turner is useless on the left too, madness playing him there and Hughes on the right. Put him on the right wing so that he can go outside and whip a cross in. FFS.
    Not impressed with Clarke either, the chance he missed, he should have shot earlier... he's not strong enough to play the role we're asking him to.

Faherty looks much better than Clarke, uses his body well and since we're playing a lot of long balls, he's surely the better option.

No real depth means we can't really drop players for poor performances but at least play players in their proper positions please. Turner out right, maybe Russell out left and Faherty up front, with Hughes in the middle.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Not impressed with Clarke either, the chance he missed, he should have shot earlier... he's not strong enough to play the role we're asking him to.

Faherty looks much better than Clarke, uses his body well and since we're playing a lot of long balls, he's surely the better option.
    I wouldn't agree with this. I think Clarke has been excellent for us so far this season. Incredible workrate up there on his own.

We play so deep that the opposition defense is really pushed up, which means that there is lots of space behind them for balls over the top. Clarke's pace is crucial for this to be useful - his pace caused Gartland huge problems last night, and Pats last week also. I think he's faster than Faherty and keeps the ball better when he does get it.

Ya can't agree on Clarke either. I think he has been one of our best performers so far this season and has had a thankless job up front on his own. He has a bit of pace and is causing lots of problems for centre halves. His main problem is lack of chances being created and most shots he gets off he has to do most of the work himself to get them.

Harding started shakey, as did price but I think the back 4 is forming a decent unit now. Paudie O'Connor is top notch and should move into bigger things in the future if he continues to develop the way he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭adaminho

[IMG][/img]qc1SONZ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Floodlights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭adaminho

An File wrote: »
    Floodlights?

Yep, Last set just being put up now.

Bray 4 - 0 Limerick

we were the better team in the first half and created a couple of chances. Bray didn't offer much. Then in the second half we simply fell completely apart defensively and handed Bray 4 goals on a plate. Shocking stuff and very very worrying, as they are no more than relegation rivals. Massive game next week away to another relegation rival, Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Judging by the highlights on Soccer Republic last night, Dean Clarke could've had a hat-trick on Saturday.

He's done well any time I've seen him this season but slightly worrying that he hasn't scored in the league yet

Shane Tracy has signed up.

I wasn't up in Bray, will most likely go to Galway but a 4-0 loss to them is absolutely disastrous especially after a few decent performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Waggaboo

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Shane Tracy has signed up.

I wasn't up in Bray, will most likely go to Galway but a 4-0 loss to them is absolutely disastrous especially after a few decent performances.

Great that Tracy is back. Shame the didn't sign him up earlier but better late than never I suppose.

if anybody has space in their car for Galway let me know!

Limerick away to Galway as we speak.

We seem to have dropped our captain Duggan and gone 3-5-2 dropping O Conor. I thought (and hoped) Tracy would replace Russell but they are both playing.

We cannot afford to lose this one.

1-1 at half-time.

We equalised with an own goal from a Galway defender.

• Advertisement

Galway 3 - 2 Limerick

(Own goal, Faherty)

Rooted to the bottom of the table after that. Bray picked up an unlikely point away to Derry to make things a bit worse.

Next game: Home to Derry, Monday, April 20th, at 7.45pm.

Advertisement