Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

How much for a student to get into Jackmann park for the game vs Derry? Few of us thinking of heading in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

How much for a student to get into Jackmann park for the game vs Derry? Few of us thinking of heading in

10€ i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

http://www.limerickfc.ie/club-shop/match-prices

12 into the stand, 10 for the terrace (grass bank).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Tonight is as much of a must win as we're likely to get this season. The gap already at 3 points to galway and 4 to Bray who realistically we'll be up against. I assume with the banned fans gone for this game and it being a monday fixture we'll do well to break 500 at it tonight

Derry are decent enough and mid-table.

The only thing going for us is that they have scored only 6 goals all season - one fewer than us even. Also, they have conceded 7 away, second highest in the league, behind our 13.

• Advertisement

They have a decent keeper dont they, I remember reading a report on when cork played them and it seemed he stopped almost everything. Unfortunately for us our keeper is ... am ... questionable at his best for us this season

Limerick 0 - 2 Derry

Toothless again in attack, although we had one decent chance early on and Hanlon hit the crossbar very late on. Conceded a penalty which was basically the first chance Derry had created, and conceded another right on the stroke of half-time.

Huffed and puffed in the 2nd half, but never looked like getting back into it. Too many passengers in the team, especially in midfield. I cannot believe Hughes was taken off and Russell stayed on.

Next game: Home versus Shamrock Rovers, Saturday, April 25th, 6.30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

What was the attendance like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What was the attendance like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭adaminho

Opening Date For Markets Field Announced

The Chairman, Board, and Executive of Limerick FC and their counterparts in Limerick Enterprise Development Partnership are pleased to announce that The Markets Field Stadium will host its first match on Friday June 5th 2015 vs Drogheda United

https://www.facebook.com/Marketsfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Vanquished

So it's been put back again. The most recent target was May 16th against Cork. Lets hope it's definitive this time.

Limerick 1 - 1 Shamrock Rovers

(Duggan)

Duggan walked through a static defence to poke home off the post early on, and Limerick held on until very late on, when a mis-hit shot fell to a Rovers player who scored.

A draw was probably a fair result - Rover hit the post twice in the second half, had a goal disallowed, and had what I thought was a penalty not given. Just a pity to concede so late.

Next game - Away to Sligo, Saturday May 2nd.
    Next home game - Home to Cork, May 16th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

osarusan wrote: »
    Limerick 1 - 1 Shamrock Rovers

(Duggan)

Duggan walked through a static defence to poke home off the post early on, and Limerick held on until very late on, when a mis-hit shot fell to a Rovers player who scored.

A draw was probably a fair result - Rover hit the post twice in the second half, had a goal disallowed, and had what I thought was a penalty not given. Just a pity to concede so late.

Next game - Away to Sligo, Saturday May 2nd.
    Next home game - Home to Cork, May 16th.

is it a strengthen of the league that teams like shamrock rovers and derry city will probably finish mid table this year . thomand park turned out to be a bad idea jackman park is still also a bit of a graveyard as far as atmosphere is concerned hopefully garryowen brings a change of fortunes and more support , its not looking good for the regional teams at the moment, a draw against sligo next would be priceless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Limerick were good last night, I thought they were unlucky not to hold on. It was coming though, Rovers did press in the 2nd half but Limerick did have chances to go 2 goals up and that would have killed it. When you are at the bottom, you have to take the chances you get.

I was critical of Clarke in the first few weeks but he's got better and better, he was excellent yesterday. But he did miss a glorious opportunity, free header 6 yards out, he needs to get a first goal.

Price & Paudie O'Connor were mostly very solid, Tracy was very good at left-back.

O'Donnell is dodgy as fcuk. Made one very good save but he's just dodgy... under a high ball, he's not secure and his kicking is woeful.

Turner was reasonably good on the wing, when he gets space to take on his man he's good. Duggan's goal was great. Faherty was good but seemed to tire and should have been taken off, not Clarke, he could barely run at the end... we need to get him fitter.

It was Paul O'Conor's best game since signing... he needs to put that level of performance in all the time, otherwise just play Hughes. Who is wasted on the wing.

Russell was really poor too, don't think he deserves to be in the team on current level of performances.

Squad is just a bit too shallow... I would like to see us play 3 actual midfielders, with Hughes in the middle and push Turner right up the pitch.

cant argue with any of that fireball. Russell has been poor the last few games. I'd be expecting rainsford back in soon enough

Iang87 wrote: »
    cant argue with any of that fireball. Russell has been poor the last few games. I'd be expecting rainsford back in soon enough

See I'm not 100% sure about Rainsford, especially defensively, either.

I'd like us move to a proper 3-man midfield; we have 3 good midfielders, why not build a team around them? Such a waste playing Hughes out wide, it's his work rate in the middle that makes him so valuable.

Maybe something like:
    O'Donnell
    Harding O'Connor Price Tracy
    Hughes O'Conor Duggan
    Turner Faherty Clarke

I'm guessing that Prince & Ali Abass aren't coming at this stage? Abass looked a lot more secure at the end of last season than O'Donnell has. Was also a much better distributor, and Prince had real quality (although another central midfielder when that's the one area we have quality).

Fireball07 wrote: »

I'd like us move to a proper 3-man midfield; we have 3 good midfielders, why not build a team around them?
    I don't think we do have 3 good midfielders - I don't really rate O'Connor highly at all. He drifts in and mostly out of games, and his positioning is hopeless - far too often he is caught too high up the pitch.

I wasn't around last season to see Prince, but if he's good, lets get him back in the team.

I'd like to see Hughes as a shield in front of the back 4, with Duggan farther up the pitch in front of him. Our back 4 gets awfully exposed on the counter, as the gap between defence and midfield is so wide. Hughes might reduce that danger if he sat in front of them.

osarusan wrote: »
    I don't think we do have 3 good midfielders - I don't really rate O'Connor highly at all. He drifts in and mostly out of games, and his positioning is hopeless - far too often he is caught too high up the pitch.

I wasn't around last season to see Prince, but if he's good, lets get him back in the team.

I'd like to see Hughes as a shield in front of the back 4, with Duggan farther up the pitch in front of him. Our back 4 gets awfully exposed on the counter, as the gap between defence and midfield is so wide. Hughes might reduce that danger if he sat in front of them.

O'Conor hasn't been great so far but he was very good for Sligo and he was good against Rovers. He has talent, he just needs to show it. Prince is a lovely footballer- maybe defensively he isn't the best but his actual footballing ability is excellent, good vision, very composed, etc.

Another last-minute equaliser from Paul O'Conor against his former club this time. 1-1.

Sligo 1 - 1 Limerick

(O'Conor)

This game went the way plenty others have so far this season. We gave as good as we got in most departments, but couldn't create real chances. Sligo scored midway through the first half and we didn't look like getting anything out of the game. We pressed and pressed, and with virtually the last kick of the game, Sean Russell curled in a freekick, the Sligo keeper came for it and got nowhere near it, and it was headed into the empty net. Joy unconfined for the 7 Limerick fans at the game (in the away section at least)!

Next game
    : away to Bohemians, Friday May 8th.

• Advertisement

Limerick will play in the Munster Senior Cup final on Sunday, May 10th, against Avondale United.

The final will be held at Clonreask in Askeaton, and the kick-off time is 2pm.

It's not the first priority this season, but any trophy is a good trophy and might help give the team some confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Waggaboo

Photos of the Markets Field on Facebook are great. The surface looks excellent. On the phone so can't attach but they posted one last night of the pitch with the lights on and it looked magic.

Lost 2-1 tonight, late winner for Bohs; Dean Clarke scored his first league goal. Disappointing.

Bohemians 2 - 1 Limerick

(Clarke)

We conceded early, through a header from a corner, and didn't offer much at all in the first half.

In the second, a Tracey corner went all the way through the box, a Bohs defender dallied, and Clarke nipped in to score. We were the better team for a good 15-20 minutes after that, and it was probably the best I've seen us play all season. We created some good chances for a change.

But as the half went on Bohs pressed more, and when a cross dropped into our box, Jason Byrne turned to score. Still waiting for our first win of the season.
    Elsewhere, Bray and Sligo both lost, but Galway won away in Derry.

Next game: home versus Cork, Saturday May 16th.

Limerick 1-0 Avondale

(Tracy)

A 90th minute penalty gave Limerick victory in the Munster Senior Cup final today.

It isn't the top priority, but a win and a trophy never hurt, so hopefully some good can come from the result.

11209578_10153218961523886_1930044781444646625_n.jpg?oh=5ba9422f7c4b7db1aa93b30a92fd8233&oe=55D53D35

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Would I get a ticket on the gate tomorrow evening? Or would it be wise to get one today!

I imagine against Cork it would be busy

I wouldnt worry too much about tickets, Corks crowd will have no impact on the home crowd. i'd say we'll be outnumbered comfortable tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Jjiipp79 wrote: »
    Would I get a ticket on the gate tomorrow evening? Or would it be wise to get one today!

I imagine against Cork it would be busy

You'll get one no hassle tomorrow. Cork fans have had to pre-buy their tickets down in Cork so they won't be purchasing on the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Beautiful, thanks.

C'mon limerick!

Yes I'm feeling very enthusiastic today..

Also looking forward to the game.

• Advertisement

I would feel optimism if cork made any effort to play football as we've done well against sides that try to play ball in jackman. Cork on the other hand do not which worries me

Advertisement