Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pages loading slowly - especially if images are involved

Options
  • 04-02-2014 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I believe there was some kind of update a week ago. I had not logged into my computer on my WiFi for about a week; then when I logged on, there was a Java update message. So I tried and it failed.

Since about that time, I noticed a decrease in loading speed. Pages with images or graphics take a long time to load; yet, I have no problem watching a Youtube video. I cannot load games in Facebook; I get a message that says that I need Flash installed or a different version of Flash.

I tried these websites on both Chrome and IE, and both are slow to load. I have disabled Flash on Chrome then downloaded it again to run separately. That didn't work. I uninstalled Chrome then re-installed it. (Damn me but I lost all of my bookmarks!) I have cleared out the history and cache. I even did a IP cache type clean out.

I don't know why these pages are running slowly. Is it a Java issue or a Flash issue?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Who is your internet provider, have you tried restarting the router? Does it get worse at particular times like in the evening? Sounds more like a connection than a software issue to me

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I'm in the US. Comcast.

When I did a speed test, I'm rating above the average. Today, everything is miraculously working smoothly. I am not sure how but I do wonder if it was connected to the service provider.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Windows 8 & IE10 are a problem. Search the internet for this and you'll see it not a service provider/malware issue. There is an issue with MS and they aren't in any hurry to fix it.

Both my laptops have this issue. However, using the same wifi with an android phone there is NO issue. Loads rapidly and no 'spinning' of connecting /timed out etc...

Anyone got any fixes for this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

seanaway wrote: »
    Windows 8 & IE10 are a problem. Search the internet for this and you'll see it not a service provider/malware issue. There is an issue with MS and they aren't in any hurry to fix it.

Both my laptops have this issue. However, using the same wifi with an android phone there is NO issue. Loads rapidly and no 'spinning' of connecting /timed out etc...

Anyone got any fixes for this yet?

Thanks! The problem has returned. However, I don't have Windows 8 and I use Chrome.

Advertisement