Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do You Think Jim Johnston Should Go Into WWE Hall of Fame?

• 04-02-2014 8:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

He has been with the company for soo many years and has made greatest theme songs of all-time for WWE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭colmufc

mxph3 wrote: »
    He has been with the company for soo many years and has made greatest theme songs of all-time for WWE.

Yes without a shadow of a doubt ,
    I've heard he is not too keen on the spotlight being on him but it won't be long until he is put in the HOF

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Absolute shoe in and deserves to be a part of the HOF, has made some iconic themes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Definitely, one of the unsung heroes of the business. so many iconic pieces of music, Jake's original theme is my favourite entrance music of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

He should be in, without a doubt. He's all over WWE.

That's something they should look into for future HOF ceremonys, the production side of things. Let's be honest even though fans aren't always happy with the product, the video editing, music, set design and general production of everything is absolutely world class when it comes to WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Over my dead body.

Serious obviously he should be in. But WWE/Vince have an aversion to publicly acknowledging off screen staff on screen for whatever reason unfortunately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think he is one of the only people I could imagine having his name even mentioned in this regard and nobody in such a role should be in before him because it is easy to accredit a lot of iconic work to Mr Johnston and make people see him as being deserving without taking away from anything else or pointing out its staged or whatever as it would if say a writers induction would (Vince russo being inducted would break the internet).

rovert wrote: »
    Over my dead body.

Serious obviously he should be in. But WWE/Vince have an aversion to publicly acknowledging off screen staff on screen for whatever reason unfortunately.

Which is weird considering they came straight out in what 1997 and said it was all entertainment. They know, we know, they know we know. Just give people their props. I bet Kevin Dunn will get in at some point though, be funny cos Jim Cornette's head will explode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Oh Jays, a million per cent yes. He is a huge part of WWEs success in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Unquestionably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

His music helped put over countless wrestlers, so definitely yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

100% yes! Themes like Warriors, shields, Fandangos etc have been huge in getting the characters over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

He definitely should go into the HOF (considering that NBC lad is already in) but I'd be doubtful that he ever will do.Though when WWE eventually start running out of people to induct they might squeeze him in alongside Kevin Federline and Mike Adamle.

At least he's always got his 2 seconds of fame in Beyond The Mat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

At least he's always got his 2 seconds of fame in Beyond The Mat.

and in the run DMC video for their version of the DX Theme!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Jim Johnston should most certainly be in the Hall of Fame.

He should be the first person inducted into the Production Wing of the Hall of Fame.

As well as the likes of Adam Penucci (who has been doing the video packages for WWE for years) ... I'm sure there's plenty of people in the background who could be recognised before the likes of Vince Russo even gets a glance.

(Although Russo most definitely deserves to be in there too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The main question would be - what entrance music would he come out to to accept his HOF ring!? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

The main question would be - what entrance music would he come out to to accept his HOF ring!? :p

Ironically he would have to write his own

Advertisement