Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows task bar dissapearing

• 04-02-2014 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi

Firstly; no it is not set to auto-hide! :p

The whole task bar disappears EXCEPT for the windows button, the only way to switch between programs then is ALT-TAB.

I have tried:
    Ending process and adding new task "explorer.exe" - No change
    Restarting - No change

I have not added any new programs, there was a java update, but it has not affected any of my other machines.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this or a fix?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

What version of Windows are you running?
    What graphics adapter do you have?
    Do you have the current drivers for that adapter installed?
    Have you recently updated any drivers on your system?

If none of the above give obvious clues to the problem, check Event Viewer for any errors, particularly anything mentioning dwm.exe.

Advertisement