Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web-Based JVM Monitoring

Options
  • 04-02-2014 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a number of Java Web Apps (built using Spring) running on a remote Tomcat server that I'd like to monitor - it seems as though the server crashes every few days and I'd like to find out why.

I've read about VisualVM, but I was wondering if any of you know of a web-based solution - another .war I can deploy on the server and use it to monitor resource usage on the other running applications, and record logs which I can refer back to in the event of a crash.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

t1mm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭Talisman

New Relic will monitor your app and aid you in pinpointing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

t1mm wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a number of Java Web Apps (built using Spring) running on a remote Tomcat server that I'd like to monitor - it seems as though the server crashes every few days and I'd like to find out why.

I've read about VisualVM, but I was wondering if any of you know of a web-based solution - another .war I can deploy on the server and use it to monitor resource usage on the other running applications, and record logs which I can refer back to in the event of a crash.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

t1mm

You want to run the monitoring war on the same instance that is crashing?

You may want to rethink that!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

ChRoMe wrote: »
    You want to run the monitoring war on the same instance that is crashing?

You may want to rethink that!

I don't have a choice, and the logs should hopefully show enough information.

Advertisement