Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3FE Vice blend...

• 04-02-2014 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

I was in Vice (the old 3FE on liffey street) and they are selling lots of different beans to their credit.

That said most are 12euro plus a bag. Now dont get me wrong if I had a fully functioning espresso machine right now I'd definately get a bag or two to see but with my ever fading Evolution machine I decided to stick with a cheaper bag.

Enter 3FE's Vice birthday blend. €8.50 per bag. I bought two and will use it mostly for Aeropress in the morning. Was only roasted on the 30/01/2014, so nice and fresh too giving me time to finish up the last of the beans from the sub that I have from them. Yes I'm already nearly through them!! Lovely stuff.

Anyway back to the birthday blend. I had one cup of it yesterday through the Aeropress. It was pleasant. Will probably for want of a better word mature in the coming week as well. But all in all it was nice and for the price you couldnt go wrong. Think it was a blend of bolivian and brazilian off the top of my head.

Great selection of beans though from the lads there. Looking forward to getting the new Classic whenever that happens so I can get back to espresso. For now though really enjoying the fruits of Aeropress.

Just a by the by, anyone using a Gaggia MDF? What grind setting do you use for Aeropress roughly. I know it changes bean to bean to a certain extent but roughly.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I picked up a bag of it the other week. Using it as espresso and it goes down very well. Caramel with a shade of lemon.

Liking the variety of roasted coffee available in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Doodee wrote: »
    I picked up a bag of it the other week. Using it as espresso and it goes down very well. Caramel with a shade of lemon.

Liking the variety of roasted coffee available in Dublin.

Yeah it is great in fairness. When I go back home it's hard to get a decent cup of coffee never mind a bag of beans.

Kinda similar to the pub scene in the country. You have to search for or know that one pub that sells craft ales. That said it is getting better everywhere on both coffee and real ale.

Advertisement