Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More BS from Eircom (Tramore area)

Options
  • 04-02-2014 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I have had terrible broadband speeds since before Christmas, before then I was getting ~18 Mbps at all times of day, now I'm lucky to get 2 Mbps at any time of day. I have spoken to numerous tech support people (all of whom advised me differently), I was eventually told about the undersea cable issue that was responsible apparently, your own website then announced this was resolved, my broadband was no better though so I rang up again and was told it was the undersea cable (when I told him you had announced this was fixed he went quiet). 
    He then referred to it the local technicians at the exchange, one of them rang me and said he could there was a fault and that his own broadband was faulty lately but they had no idea what was causing it so he would escalate the fault for me. Then I get a text from Eircom to say "the engineer has advised your fault is fixed...we will close this fault"....except it isn't fixed so I just had to ring up again a few minutes ago. 
    This time I'm told "There is nothing I can do".... but I said my broadband is still faulty "but there's nothing I can do"...she wanted to just end the call at that!! I asked her to escalate the fault but she said "There's no point, it will come back saying there's nothing I can do"....I then asked her to explain this, she said "there is congestion in your area, nothing can be done"...I wasn't happy so she went to talk to her mentor, she came back and said "there was no congestion on your line before, that's why you got good speeds, now more people have increased there bandwidth so there is congestion and there is nothing to do"
    This has made my blood boil, the single worst company I have ever dealt with. Today I got another bill in the door, for my uncongested broadband...but no I'm told your speeds are crap because of congestion and tough. It's an absolute disgrace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

oh dear, this sounds very familiar 

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

I have the very same problem. 
    I have wasted about 5 hours on the phone with tech support. 
    It has cost me over 10 euro on my mobile bill. 
    I keep on getting text to say fault is fixed. 
    My father worked in eircom and he made a few call and was 
    told the exchange in tramore is faulty and would not be fixed 
    for at least 5 weeks. 

This is the worst company I have dealt with. 

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

That's gas Joe, my dad worked for them all his life too (retired years now though), I was going to get him to ring the exchange later and suss it out. This is what drives me nuts, if when I first rang I was told straight out there was a fault in the exchange, we're trying to fix it but with the new fibre work and all the storm damage it's difficult, I would have thought fair enough, not your fault, you're doing your best. But instead of that I get lie after lie after lie, conflicting answers from every tech support person I speak too (half the time it's obvious they don't have a clue). 

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Hi phoned to cancel last week and was asked to phone tech support again.
    I nearly started crying on the phone over the thought of it.
    Same as you its the lies that drive me crazy.
    I tried to open a fault on there website and got a email saying that I would have to phone tech support to escalate fault.

No reply from anyone from eircom here and
    when they do I a day or two it will be "phone tech support"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

robocode wrote: »
    That's gas Joe, my dad worked for them all his life too (retired years now though), I was going to get him to ring the exchange later and suss it out. This is what drives me nuts, if when I first rang I was told straight out there was a fault in the exchange, we're trying to fix it but with the new fibre work and all the storm damage it's difficult, I would have thought fair enough, not your fault, you're doing your best. But instead of that I get lie after lie after lie, conflicting answers from every tech support person I speak too (half the time it's obvious they don't have a clue). 
    Hi robocode
    just received your PM and will have this investigated.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 aapower

I changed to Sky from Vodafone 7 months ago and then back to Vodafone only last month. The reason I switched was because of congestion. At the beginning with Sky, I had 9-10mbs but then a few months ago, it all went to ****. Sky support was excellent and in the end they said it was up to Eircom to fix the problem at Citywest (congestion). Vodafone promised me the sun moon and stars so I switched last month to them, even though I explained my current issues. All lies!!!! I gave up phoning Vodafone customer and tech support. Every time I call I had to start over. So now I am emailing them.
    They said the fault was fixed and of course it is not.
    If only I could get some honest answers. The frustrating thing is that there is no other copper line ISP to change to because they are all using Eircom's infrastructure.

When will Tramore be switching over to Fibre? Are Eircom holding off on any repairs until eFibre goes live?
    Eircom are obliged by Comreg to provide the service.

>Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

The local technicians in Tramore are telling us that yes there are repairs/work needed to the exchange but it won't be done for the foreseeable future. Naturally Eircom are saying nothing like this officially, just lying to us about the problems we're experiencing and charging us for terrible broadband. It's a disgrace they can get away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JoesAccount

Yeah but the new fibre is coming for free in March, to be honest I am fair doubtful about the speeds advertised!

Advertisement