Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain's Summit – Stewart, Frakes, Shatner, Nimoy

Options
  • 04-02-2014 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

I wasn't aware of this before! Just stumbled across it on YouTube. Whoopi Goldberg hosts the "Captain's Summit", a pretty nice sit around chat with Stewart, Frakes, Shatner and Nimoy.

Part 1 of 7:

Link to playlist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9G5ciMqFNM&list=PL3D984C88FF830AE9

Definitely worth a watch, I really enjoyed it. For all that I love Shatner though, he does seem a bit annoying at times :-/, like an embarrassing dad or something. I'm also struck (in this video and others) by just how well the TNG crew (Frakes and Stewart in this case) seemed to, and still seem to, get on - and how much they appreciate everything Star Trek has done for them.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

riker wasn't a god damn captain :/

neither was nimoy actually

this entire series is tainted from the off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Scotty: Starfleet captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. But the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

riker wasn't a god damn captain :/

He captained the Enterprise D in the All Good Things future timeline, and during The Best of Both Worlds he was made captain of the ship. Reaching I know, but still, tis canon :)
    neither was nimoy actually

He captained the Enterprise-A (ST VI) but relinquished command to Kirk at some stage during the crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

They were both captains before the end :). Riker promoted to Captain of the Titan in Nemesis. Spock commanded the Enterprise from Wrath of Khan (Kirk was Admiral)

And/or, I'm sure it's not unheard of for a captain to bring their first officer along to a meeting ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sure why not throw harry kim and nog in there too, they presumably got made captain as well in some fevered fan fiction nightmare.

also in Canon i think..at least for kim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Well, anyway actually, the uploader called it the "Captain's Summit" but Whoopi and the title card call it "Star Trek Summit". So whatevs.

Enough of this pedantry anyway. It's a good video! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Scotty, Spok and Kirk were captains in the films.

Nemesis had Riker promoted to captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Goodshape wrote: »
    Well, anyway actually, the uploader called it the "Captain's Summit" but Whoopi and the title card call it "Star Trek Summit". So whatevs.

Enough of this pedantry anyway. It's a good video! :)
    ]

its an excellent video! One of the best i've seen thus far. Its very funny in places.

In truth, Shatner and Stewart are the only two REAL captains if you think about it.

Nimoy was a temporary captain in Star Tre II and IV and Frakes was temporary captain of the Enterprise during "The Best Of Both Worlds" so technically, yes, Nimoy and Frakes were both captains.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

]

its an excellent video! One of the best i've seen thus far. Its very funny in places.

In truth, Shatner and Stewart are the only two REAL captains if you think about it.

Nimoy was a temporary captain in Star Tre II and IV and Frakes was temporary captain of the Enterprise during "The Best Of Both Worlds" so technically, yes, Nimoy and Frakes were both captains.

Spock was a full captain by ST II - he only relinquished command of the Enterprise to Admiral Kirk but not his captaincy itself. Kinda like how Picard gives up command to Jelico (ah the great Ronny Cox.. only 2 episodes but what a memorable performance) but doesn't lose his rank with it.

Riker got a field-commission to Captain in BOBW but accepted a step-back to Commander to stay on-board as Picard's XO afterwards (guess Starfleet decided that everyone being Captain's as in ST VI was too much! :p)
    Riker is an Admiral by the time of All Good Things, but in the main timeline has been promoted to Captain in the final moments of Nemesis.

Advertisement