Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting work in London.

Options
  • 04-02-2014 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi all just looking for a bit of advice. I moved to London in October with my girlfriend we are currently living in uxbridge as that's where she is in college.
    I worked in Ireland for magners and diageo before that as a technical rep for both companies which involves mainly beer line cleaning , installs of new equipment and small bit of merchandising and sales. We also did big events whenever they would be on.

The problem is my job doesn't seem to exist over here, pubs clean their own lines and they just use refrigeration engineers for the call outs. I haven't enough experience in sales or merchandising to get work in one of those fields.

So I'm just looking for a good recruitment agency or a crowd to show my cv to that could tell me what to apply for and what my skill set would be suited to as I feel I'm at a bit of a dead end. I'm currently doing bar work to keep me ticking over its grand but not what I want to do.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Post a profile on Lindekin and upload your CV to as many agencies as possible. I'm sure you'll get something from that, best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

I take it she's in Brunel? Lived in uxbridge for a while myself. Have a look in around the Heathrow area, you'd be surprised the amount of job variety and recruitment agencies down that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Thanks for the replies lads sent cvs to a load of recruitment agencies round heathrow meeting a few of them this week. Things looking up.

Advertisement