Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parklife Festival 2014 Manchester

Options
  • 04-02-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Sorry but haven't seen a thread on this one.

Seems like a pretty good line up and at £79.50 for a weekend pass like a bit of a steal. Anyone going? Thinking with poor line ups so far for Longy that I'm going to wait and see what the announcements are like this weekend and then get on this instead.

http://www.parklife.uk.com/lineup.php

SNOOP DOGG | FOALS
    BASTILLE | RUDIMENTAL | DISCLOSURE
    LONDON GRAMMAR | KENDRICK LAMAR | NERO | SBTRKT
    FLYING LOTUS | WARPAINT | SAM SMITH | KATY B | MODERAT
    PUSHA T | JON HOPKINS | CHROMEO | CLEAN BANDIT
    SOUL II SOUL | DANNY BROWN | BONDAX | ELLA EYRE | TENSNAKE
    FOXES | CYRIL HAHN | GOLD PANDA | SUBB-AN LIVE | CAPTAIN MURPHY
    DJ KOZE | JACQUES GREENE LIVE | RYAN HEMSWORTH | WILKINSON
    THUNDERCAT | JOEL COMPASS | BENOIT & SERGIO | FACTORY FLOOR
    EAST INDIA YOUTH | CAMO & KROOKED | BIPOLAR SUNSHINE | JESSY LANZA
    BECKY HILL | ZOMBY | THROWING SNOW | SUBMOTION ORCHESTRA
    JAVEON | JOHN WIZARDS | CHILDHOOD | INTRODUCING:LIVE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Went to this last year, in theory it is a great festival - lineup is fantastic and always a great selection of after parties to go to.

The only major off putting thing for going again is the crowd. Expect a MASSIVE amount of drug use and found the majority of the crowd to be very aggro. The majority of the tents become too over crowded also and expect massive queues at the bars (Even though every tent has a bar in it). There also isn't a lot of toilets evenly spread out over the festival site and these were definitely not cleaned over the course of the weekend (on par with a pigsty). The transport from the festival isn't that great either: taxi queues last year after the festival were three hours long and expect to be waiting around an hour to get onto one of the festival shuttle buses back into the city-centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Oh dear, although would these issues not have been addressed and maybe they have taken it onboard for this year?

I suppose with the DJ line up there would be a druggie element to it.

Crap, will have a think.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Oh dear, although would these issues not have been addressed and maybe they have taken it onboard for this year?

I suppose with the DJ line up there would be a druggie element to it.

Crap, will have a think.

Well it seems to have been the same before they moved the festival to Heaton Park. I work in festivals and had high hopes for this festival but facility wise I wasn't majorly impressed. Another major annoyance is they don't release stage times at all before the festival nor do they have billboards advertising times for each tent, which obviously means buying a programme but a lot of the acts sets were changed without any notification so I ended up missing a good few acts I wanted to see.

Not trying to put you off but just giving you some advise before you part with your cash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

ah no, I prefer to make an informed decision so thanks. :)

Advertisement