Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone know- 42a bra and sports bra in Dublin?

• 04-02-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone knows where i might be able to get 42a bra and a 42a sports bra in store in Dublin so that i could try on. It is a remeasure during wejghtloss and strikes me as an odd size but that might just because i'm not used to it, a bit worried won't be able to find anything. Any help appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

Hi OP,
    I have moved your query to this forum, I think you'll get better advice here :)

Regards,
    Sauve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭_ariadne

Hi there.

Theres a few places where you can try sports bras on in Dublin. Debenhans and arnotts have good selections. I've always heard really good things about the panache sports bra .
    It goes up to a 40 but begins at a DD cup in that size.
    42A would be a very unusual size to be and therefore finding a bra in that size will be tough.
    This advise is a great starting point to try on sizes from.
    This whole page is very helpful when buying a new bra or when you suspect you may need a different size. It will give you lots of things to look out for and should make bra shopping a better experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

_ariadne wrote: »
    Hi there.

Theres a few places where you can try sports bras on in Dublin. Debenhans and arnotts have good selections. I've always heard really good things about the panache sports bra .
    It goes up to a 40 but begins at a DD cup in that size.
    42A would be a very unusual size to be and therefore finding a bra in that size will be tough.
    This advise is a great starting point to try on sizes from.
    This whole page is very helpful when buying a new bra or when you suspect you may need a different size. It will give you lots of things to look out for and should make bra shopping a better experience.

Thanks so much for your help. I must try debenhams and arnotts - didn't think to yet. I have in the past not been able to find my size in arnotts, have not checked debenhams - but I will try again and ask some staff, hopefully they will be able to tell me pretty quickly. I have a feeling 42a will be a nightmare to find so I might be able to come to a compromise and find something suitable in the panache brand, a 40 with a different cup size might work well for me. Hopefully there will be a selection and I can try to see what suits best.
    If that doesn't work I will just have to get some ducct tape, lol. Not really, but, ye know :-D

Thanks for your help!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd strongly advise taking the measuring advice in _ariadne's post and measuring yourself. I'd be really surprised if you were a 42A in reality.

Faith wrote: »
    I'd strongly advise taking the measuring advice in _ariadne's post and measuring yourself. I'd be really surprised if you were a 42A in reality.

i will thanks.hope i got it wrong because it seems a nightmare size to get!
    thanks for your response!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Oleta

Marks & Sparks Mary Street, Dublin stock this size.

Oleta wrote: »
    Marks & Sparks Mary Street, Dublin stock this size.

ah, brilliant!
    I will be there next week and I will have a look, and I will measure again in the meantime to check
    Thanks for the input, I appreciate that :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

metime wrote: »
    ah, brilliant!
    I will be there next week and I will have a look, and I will measure again in the meantime to check
    Thanks for the input, I appreciate that :-)

For a really good fitting and good choice for your size, this place us brilliant. They're well known for their fitting service. http://www.intimate-linger.ie/

ah great thank you. Just had a quick look, no sign of 42 in sports bra section! am yet to measure myself, but will possibly go there for a measuring if I run into further confusion. Thanks for letting me know about the place!

Advertisement