Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickemaster adding insurance to Dublin Bus sales

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Shocking business practices from Ticketmaster.

823-02235176em-Man-typing-at-gun-point---.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

28064212 wrote: »
    Why wouldn't it be valid?

Oh look, some more terms and conditions you didn't read. Insurance does not cover you "deciding not to use it"

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

easiest way for me - to drive the car and not using dublinbus at all as I'm doing everyday.
    this bloody ticket was not event for me.

Do they offer event insurance in the shop. No. Its a racket.

Why wouldn't it be easier just to buy said ticket in a shop most sell them.

You can buy them in DB head office also.

Now with the leap all these other cards in paper form are being fazed out so all will be added to your leap as you purchase them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭28064212

percy212 wrote: »
    Oh look, some more terms and conditions you didn't read. Insurance does not cover you "deciding not to use it"
    :confused: That doesn't make it invalid, that means it doesn't cover that particular scenario.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Keith186

I didn't get to read all the T&C's as they are not in the screenshot.

On the face if it I'd say they are mis-selling insurance here. Perhaps advise the financial services ombudsman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

andersat2 wrote: »
    easiest way for me - to drive the car and not using dublinbus at all as I'm doing everyday...
    You don't need a Dublin Bus ticket to drive your car, but you DO need insurance. Swings and roundabouts, innit, eh? Well, maybe bus-shelters and roundabouts then, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I just don't understand why anyone would purchase off the site?
    Is it not easier to go and get ticket straight into your hand or Buy a Leap card and put any of the ticket types on it.

Jesus. If they are offering the ticketmaster option; it should not present insurance as a choice. It makes as much sense as asking the purchaser if they would like to order and pay for a lunch which they will never receive.

:confused: That doesn't make it invalid, that means it doesn't cover that particular scenario.

I was quoting you. So what exactly does the "event" insurance cover? Nothing. A bus trip is not sn event ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I was quoting you. So what exactly does the "event" insurance cover? Nothing. A bus trip is not sn event ffs.
    If you, say, break your leg, and are in hospital for the next few weeks, you can use the insurance to claim the cost of your rambler tickets back. You can not do this without insurance. It is not fake insurance, no matter how many capitals you use

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

Just another example:
    How all you would feel, if Dublin bus would start selling bus tickets thru ryanair.com and Ryaniar would add travel insurance with it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just another example:
    How all you would feel, if Dublin bus would start selling bus tickets thru ryanair.com and Ryaniar would add travel insurance with it?

The same situation would apply,
    No customer has to sign up to the insurance, you can opt out.,

If you choose not to opt out of insurance that can still be used then its not anybody else's fault when you're unhappy about the charge. Its not a con.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dublin bus? No, but they don't offer it online either. Ticketmaster do however..........
    profit will be 27.50 Euro - the cost of rambler bus ticket

How would that be profit? It would just be a refund.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I think you might mean "if RyanAir would offer the option to add travel insurance", just as ticket master offered the optional insurance. In that case I'd probably elect to opt out or not opt in, as the case might be, just as I would with ticket master.

OP. The Irish are used to being ripped off.

Get a copy of what the purported insurance covers from Dublin bus. Get the same from ticketmaster. Send both copies to.the financial Ombudsman with a letter outlining your concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dublin bus aren't selling or insureing anything so I doubt they will have a copy.

If you had a problem regarding your phone and these guys http://www.gadgetinsurance.com/ie/?affiliateno=OD35373 would you ring Apple or Samsung complaining?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

OP. The Irish are used to being ripped off.

I think what you mean to say is...
    People are quick to bitch and moan about something they've never taken the time to read and they simply agreed to
    Get a copy of what the purported insurance covers from Dublin bus. Get the same from ticketmaster. Send both copies to.the financial Ombudsman with a letter outlining your concerns.

and what concerns would they be?

Insurance section clearly says:
    Get Missed Event Insurance from Allianz Global Assistance for an additional €3.01 per ticket, inclusive of Insurance Premium tax (IPT) at the current rate.
    This charge is in addition to the order total displayed above and will be charged separately by Allianz Global Assistance and will appear on your statement as "Allianz Tktmaster".

If you are unable to attend the specific event in the Rep. of Ireland or Northern Ireland for which you purchased your Missed Event Insurance, for any number of covered reasons, including illness, travel delay, jury service and more, you'll be reimbursed for this purchase*. (*Terms and Conditions Apply)

For full details about the services Allianz Global Assistance offers you and the Missed Event Insurance product information please click here.

You may cancel your Missed Event Insurance within 14 days of the date of purchase and receive a full refund of the premium. Applies only if the event has not commenced or a claim has not been submitted. Details of how to cancel can be found in the policy documentation.

By clicking 'yes' you authorise Ticketline trading as Ticketmaster (incorporated in the Republic of Ireland, Company Number: 135876) to pass your name, address, credit/debit card details, ticket purchase information, email address and personal details to Allianz Global Assistance who will charge your credit/debit card and forward your policy documentation to you by email.

YES, Protect My Purchase. I confirm that I am an Irish or UK resident and that I have read, understood and saved the services, terms and conditions of the Missed Event Insurance

No

Please note that the purchase of Missed Event Insurance is not compulsory.
    Ticketline trading as Ticketmaster (incorporated in the Republic of Ireland Company Number 135876) Registered address 70 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.

Missed Event Insurance is underwritten by AGA International SA and is administered as a branch in the UK by Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz Global Assistance is a trading name of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited, Registered in England No. 1710361. Registered Office: 102 George Street, Croydon CR9 6HD.
    www.allianz-assistance.co.uk, email address: missedeventinsurance@allianz-assistance.co.uk

AGA International SA is authorised by Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel in France and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for the conduct of Irish business by way of the Freedom of Services into Ireland in accordance with the European Union Third Non-Life directive.

Mondial Assistance Ireland Limited may act as an agent for AGA International SA in the Republic of Ireland with respect to the receipt of customer money, for the purpose of settling claims and handling premium refunds. Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited may act as an agent for AGA International SA in the Republic of Ireland with respect to the receipt of customer money, for the purpose of settling claims and handling premium refunds.

Terms and conditions link is http://www.magroup-online.com/TMS/IE/EN/TMS_IE_en_Policy_wordings.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - no comments please about buying tickets offline, rather than online, or taking alternative means of travel.

dudara

Advertisement