Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heads Up

• 04-02-2014 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Lads Lidl are doing a few bits for the bikes the week coming......Its not the best stuff around but it will certainly get the job done.

Battery and Alternator testers €10
    Oil Filter Wrench €5
    Motorcycle Battery Charger €20
    Inspection Camera with Display €70
    101 Piece Tool kits €85

Click on Power Tools and Car boot essentials.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-E4108D0F-D19C1D7D/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?id=81

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

sound

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Great shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Good man

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

loving the "Ultimate Speed® Car Mat Set" they have! lol

its what my car needs, some blue flames on the floor,
    with my car its only a matter of time before the flames are yellow / orange and moving....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sometimes Lidl and Aldi can be overlooked for bike gear....alot of the thermal skiing clothes are great for the bike and are identical to alot of the RST gear but a fraction of the price. The tool set would be ideal for starting out and having alot of the bases covered....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sometimes Lidl and Aldi can be overlooked for bike gear....alot of the thermal skiing clothes are great for the bike and are identical to alot of the RST gear but a fraction of the price. The tool set would be ideal for starting out and having alot of the bases covered....

I bought a powerfix ( i think ) 100 pce tool set in lidl about 4 years ago and it has not let me down so far. None of the screw heads have rounded so far and i have done alot of work on the car with it. Im a sucker for lidl/aldi gear:o Im eyeing up the air compressor they have soon and im trying to justify it to the boss '' ah sure we need it to pump up the kids swimming pool in the summer'';)

Look at you with your fancy swimming pool, blow up or not. I stick a 100W bulb in the toilet light and fill the bath and stick shades on the little ones.....the kids think its the beach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Im eyeing up the air compressor they have soon and im trying to justify it to the boss '' ah sure we need it to pump up the kids swimming pool in the summer'';)

I can vouch for the air compressor. We have it almost 2 years and it hasn't let us down yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Anyone else get the toolkit. Picked it up today and I'm having great difficulty just getting the box open... :s

The Don wrote: »
    I can vouch for the air compressor. We have it almost 2 years and it hasn't let us down yet.

Will the accessory kit for 9.99 do the job for tyre inflaion or should I also get the tyre inflator for 12.99?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Pedro K wrote: »
    Anyone else get the toolkit. Picked it up today and I'm having great difficulty just getting the box open... :s

Did yours come with the key?

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Did yours come with the key?

The two latches are open, but when I try lift the lid it seems to be connected to the bottom half by a piece of leather in the middle...

I'm I missing something here, or just being dim? Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I can see that strap in the pictures on Lidl's site. Obviously it's meant to be there but I can't see how it is attached to the bottom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The two latches are open, but when I try lift the lid it seems to be connected to the bottom half by a piece of leather in the middle...

I'm I missing something here, or just being dim? Ha

If this is the Powerfix kit in the alu box, I bought 4 of those yesterday. The leather strap should be inside, as it's for holding the tool tray inside.

If its outside, I'd say someone opened the kit in the shop, the strap fell out, and then they closed the lid - forced it actually - and it's wedged in the ope. With both catches up it should just open.

I'll post up pics separately in a minute..

This kit:

292794.jpg

this strap ?

292795.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    If this is the Powerfix kit in the alu box, I bought 4 of those yesterday. The leather strap should be inside, as it's for holding the tool tray inside.

If its outside, I'd say someone opened the kit in the shop, the strap fell out, and then they closed the lid - forced it actually - and it's wedged in the ope. With both catches up it should just open.

I'll post up pics separately in a minute..

Got it. It seems the middle tray got caught under the two ledges that it sita on.

With having just spent 85 on it I was a bit wary of reefing the thing open. :p

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Got it. It seems the middle tray got caught under the two ledges that it sita on.

With having just spent 85 on it I was a bit wary of reefing the thing open. :p

Thanks.

Ha ! LOL :D:D

Good kit btw - we use them at work !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Will the accessory kit for 9.99 do the job for tyre inflaion or should I also get the tyre inflator for 12.99?

Hi Richard, sorry I just checked this Thread now.

The €9.99 accessory kit does us fine for both bikes and cars. When the needle accessory is attached to the 2nd gun it's great for blowing dust, etc from around spark holes, etc.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭hometruths

Did anyone manage to buy a compressor this week? I tried three different Lidl's in North WIcklow, and assumed they had sold very quickly, but one of the guys at checkout said he thought there were delivery problems but he could not be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Got a digital measuring caliper in Aldi last Sunday, amazingly cheap for a tenner.

Scrap the cap!

Good stuff, even if it goes belly up after 6-12mths its good value.

• Advertisement

schmittel wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to buy a compressor this week? I tried three different Lidl's in North WIcklow, and assumed they had sold very quickly, but one of the guys at checkout said he thought there were delivery problems but he could not be sure.

I didnt in the end. keeping the funds for something else. I will pick it up next time around though

Advertisement