Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convent of Mercy school - Naas

Options
  • 04-02-2014 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

In Naas at the Convent of Mercy Primary School where do you drop young kids off in the morning if driving? I know there is a car park in front but can you go in, walk them in and then leave without having to pay? I'm trying to decide on schools for next year just wondering what people do on rainy days, I'll also have another child to drop to crèche so actually might have the car every day

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Sarah,

Kildare's a pretty big county, I'm sure there is more than one Convent of Mercy in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahv

Sorry, of course! Had Naas in my head forgot to write it. Thanks, edited post not sure how to edit title

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

You will just get caught in traffic. What direction into town will you be coming from?

From the newbridge end of town. But if you had to take car for rain or whatever, is there parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

If taking the car, the closer you attempt to get to the school it becomes a false economy. You have 3 choices:

1) Main street on street parking and side street off street/carparks - you would have to pay for these
    2) The Multi-storey carpark: You get 15 mins (I think) for free: so can be used for a splash and dash
    3) Then you can park in where wesco/tina's pet store is for 30 mins free, but with a but more of an added walk. But walking is good for you!! :-)

W

• Advertisement

So there is no parking at the school? In the car park in front of it? Surely not everyone in the school can walk there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

sarahv wrote: »
    So there is no parking at the school? In the car park in front of it? Surely not everyone in the school can walk there?

The car park in the school is closed to the public at opening and closing times. Although teachers are allowed park there.

It mustn't be that bad if all other pupils survive at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

If taking the car, the closer you attempt to get to the school it becomes a false economy. You have 3 choices:

1) Main street on street parking and side street off street/carparks - you would have to pay for these
    2) The Multi-storey carpark: You get 15 mins (I think) for free: so can be used for a splash and dash
    3) Then you can park in where wesco/tina's pet store is for 30 mins free, but with a but more of an added walk. But walking is good for you!! :-)

W

Fully agree with these options. I have to say that whilst I fully accept that many school runs are too long to walk, parents need to accept (I'm not referring to anybody here) that being able to drive up to the school is simply not possible as there are too many cars filling too small a space at the same time. The mentality has to be "drive and walk" instead of just "drive".
    I go through Caragh every morning and to see the cars coming out of the estates within a five minute walk from the school- all trying to drive up to the front door of the school, is like watching evolution in reverse. They'd be quicker, healthier and stress-free if they got up off their behinds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

baaba maal wrote: »
    Fully agree with these options. I have to say that whilst I fully accept that many school runs are too long to walk, parents need to accept (I'm not referring to anybody here) that being able to drive up to the school is simply not possible as there are too many cars filling too small a space at the same time. The mentality has to be "drive and walk" instead of just "drive".
    I go through Caragh every morning and to see the cars coming out of the estates within a five minute walk from the school- all trying to drive up to the front door of the school, is like watching evolution in reverse. They'd be quicker, healthier and stress-free if they got up off their behinds!

How true the situation around schools can be maddening at times!

Advertisement