Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog day care

• 04-02-2014 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Any dog minding/dog day care facilities in North Dublin? I regularly use Dog Training Ireland in Blanch but am looking for something close to home in Swords. And a little cheaper would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Do you want them minded or somebody to come and walk them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Unfortunately whatever is the cheapest option! Wife is going back to work (to pay for creche). So the dog will be in the house from 8.30 to 5pm otherwise. She gets a good 5k run most mornings with me and she'll sleep most the day but the missus says she looks to get out at about 4pm. So I would have like to have left her somewhere probably once or twice a week to tire her out for the rest of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

peteb2 wrote: »
    Wife is going back to work (to pay for creche).

I'm not in the area, so don't have any local suggestions, but just curious why someone would go back to work, just to pay to send the kid to creche? Would it not be more pleasant for everyone just to stay in the home and not bother with the creche: not a criticism, just wondering as it sounds a bit glutton for punishment to me :)

Unfortunately whatever is the cheapest option! Wife is going back to work (to pay for creche). So the dog will be in the house from 8.30 to 5pm otherwise. She gets a good 5k run most mornings with me and she'll sleep most the day but the missus says she looks to get out at about 4pm. So I would have like to have left her somewhere probably once or twice a week to tire her out for the rest of the time.

I was going to suggest http://doggiedayday.vpweb.ie/?prefix=www but it'd be the dog getting brought out for a walk and then taken back I think so not sure if that would suit?

Anyone ever use www.hilton5star.com?

• Advertisement

Anyone ever use www.hilton5star.com?

From their T&C
    "Indemnity:

Our best of care will be taken, but no responsibility can be accepted for any loss, injury or death of any animal in our care. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Peteb2 have you any retired neighbours? They could be delighted if they were asked to take the dog for a walk in the afternoon. Your wife may know of people that she passed when she was out walking the dog, who are fans of your dog and who would have no trouble taking your dog with them on their stroll.

Ha. My wife doesnt walk the dog!! Unfortunately my dog is not the happy-go-lucky type who welcomes strangers into the home! Its a relatively new estate so there's unlikely to be any retirees unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wokie

I'd second tk123 suggestion of Doggie DayDay! She's an amazing dog trainer and dog walker! She's based in the Swords area! http://doggiedayday.vpweb.ie/?prefix=www

Or a new place that has opened in Artane/Raheny area is The Dog Den. They offer daycare, training and grooming! http://www.thedogden.ie/

Both are worth at least having a chat with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 elmosnowy

Sorry just saw your query.

I work the same hours, live in Santry & have a 7month old wheaten terrier. I use petsitters ireland. They do a standard dog walking service but they also provide the 20mins quick break session which costs 9 euro per day if you make a booking for 3-4weeks or so & you can change the days to whatever days your working each week.
    They also send you a text each day just after the visit & sometimes a foto of your dog
    I have been using them the past 4months & have had no problems!

• Advertisement
Advertisement