Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought bank draft, how do i cancel if need be.

Options
  • 04-02-2014 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi, saw a car i liked and after viewing it twice decided to go for it, got a bank draft made out to garage, turns out car wasn't NCT'd as stated and failed on a number of things. Garage are putting it back through NCT but if it fails again and i'm not happy, how do i cancel the bank draft, does the money go straight back into my a/c?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Rainbow Kitty [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Providing you have the bank draft and the garage has not lodged this to their account, you can call into the branch you purchased the bank draft from. Upon staff check of the draft, the funds will be refunded immediately to your account. Please bring along photo identification with you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If the bank draft has already been exchanged and lodged for goods or services, unfortunately in this case you will need to seek a refund from the garage itself.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Best of luck with the NCT, we hope the car passes! [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further queries, please do ask. We are happy to help.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

Hi Alison

Thanks for getting back to me. I took the bank draft back from the garage when we realised we weren't taking the car with us that day. I just wasn't sure how to go about cancelling the draft if car doesn't pass the NCT.
    Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Rainbow Kitty[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for letting us know. A Branch Staff member will certainly assist you with cancelling the draft if necessary. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If you need us again, please feel free to contact us.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement