Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new traffic lights at Celbridge House

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

I heard that the traffic from celbridge maynooth road get a 40 second green light where as the traffic from O'Rourke's estate get one minute of green light. Quelle surprise if that's true.

Not sure what you are trying to say. I don't know where O'Rourke's estate is but do people have superpowers that can change the lights into their advantage?

Can't say that there has been many of those people around recently. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

HonalD wrote: »
    Just a thought - why are the lights "needless"?

Is there no need to cater for pedestrians, those whose mobility is impaired, cyclists (especially cyclists trying to turn right, traffic wishing to enter or exit side roads (for example, one of the "11 sets" of lights is for Manor Mills Shopping Centre - how could anyone exit the shopping centre without the lights)

There is, but there is also a need to recognise the majority of road users are in fact motorists.

If traffic from Intel and HP can join the M4 via roundabouts I think Manor Mills could cope with a roundabout too.

n97 mini wrote: »
    If traffic from Intel and HP can join the M4 via roundabouts I think Manor Mills could cope with a roundabout too.

I don't understand what you mean? Are you suggesting that there should be a roundabout at the vehicular entrance to the Manor Mills Shopping Centre....please tell me you didn't mean that....

Any update on the lights or is this old news?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

HonalD wrote: »
    Any update on the lights or is this old news?
    I came through the lights last Friday and again today, both around 5.30/6. Traffic appeared to be quick as per pre-lights levels. I'm not sure if I have been lucky twice or if things have calmed down.
    Last Friday it was very heavy from Liffey Valley to the Celbridge exit (and heavy continuing to Maynooth) but it was a breeze going to the Celbridge house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Went through at 5pm tonight, I think they have adjusted the lights in favour of the main road. It only seemed like 10-15 secs stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Still on probation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

Bit of a backup as far as the N4 tonight around 6pm, then all of a sudden started to move, in the end only took about 5 mins to the Celbridge House.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Was heading to Maynooth at 6.35pm last night and it was backed up as far as I could see passed AppleGreen from Celbridge house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 colaheart98

I am finding the exit from the shops at the corner of Castle Village and the exit arounf the Celbridge House area are blocked constantly as a result of these lights. Yellow boxes here are badly needed, the lights have created a few other issues, and would still be best switched off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Buffman

I've passed these lights coming back from the motorway 4 times this week at different times. There seems to be an issue around 18:00, I was stuck twice up at the applegreen roundabout for 5-7 minutes. Around 16:00 or 17:00 there seemed to be no delay.

However, I'm mindful that it was the schools mid-term break this week so traffic would be a bit lighter.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

woeful there last night again, backed up to the N4 exit at around 6pm, presume the same tonight :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Its a mess, have to remember to drive down to the Maynooth on the M4. And that's to go to Beatty Grove. Where is the sense in that.

I was sitting in the line of traffic coming off the N4 last night and I was thinking how odd it was for the traffic coming from Maynooth, basically past Base entertainment, to have the right of way. Now I know that because of the Applegreen roundabout that is the way it should be. But maybe they need to change the roundabout to lights, so traffic can be given priority coming off the M4 in the evening and leaving the village in the morning.

I don't think more lights are the solution but the tail back will go onto the M4 soon enough, and nobody wants that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Traffic was extremely heavy on the Dublin Rd yesterday evening. Backed up to Young's Cross (State Labs) by 5.50pm. This was common in the days before the interchange, but extremely rare in the past few years. I have a bad feeling it's people who used to use the interchange coming back to the old road because of the lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Are the lights definitely staying? Is there any chance they'll be switched off for good? This is causing traffic chaos in the area especially at rush hour in the evening for traffic coming in from the N4 :( I'm coming from the N4 at about 5:30pm - some days it's only backed up from the roundabout at Applegreen but then other days it's completely backed up around to the Celbridge interchange:eek: Please tell me some traffic management agency is looking at this and trying to sort it out and we haven't been left just to accept it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

So has it been established yet who has actually benefited from the introduction of these lights ?

I honestly can't see what advantage they serve to anybody !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'm sure Frank O 'rourke gets to work 3 minutes quicker in the morning so our 30 minute delays and potentially dangerous tail backs onto the motorway are of little importance. Jesus I hope he calls to my house on the campaign trail. I'll give him both barrels. Might be worth e mailing him about these lights and place the blame squarely at his door. I did. Enough ground swell opposition might cause him to cop the **** on, especially with the elections this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 max97

I'm sure Frank O 'rourke gets to work 3 minutes quicker in the morning so our 30 minute delays and potentially dangerous tail backs onto the motorway are of little importance. Jesus I hope he calls to my house on the campaign trail. I'll give him both barrels. Might be worth e mailing him about these lights and place the blame squarely at his door. I did. Enough ground swell opposition might cause him to cop the **** on, especially with the elections this year.

''Ooooh!! Getting more personal in your posts - must be more than the lights on your agenda''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

He's got 1057 posts against your 4 . I think his pedigree/ agenda is less hazy somehow .Lights are a DISASTER.Someone needs to cover them with sacks .

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Giuseppe90

Passed by there tonight at 6pm to see for myself, usually get the bus home to Maynooth but drove today. It is a mess, traffic back out to the roundabout at the M4 slip road. Bad enough people going to Celbridge get stuck in that but the right lane to exit for Intel/Leixlip was being obstructed too. At this stage it's causing a serious hazard at peak time!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

Lights off this morning.
    Wonder if they're going to stay off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

fitz wrote: »
    Lights off this morning.
    Wonder if they're going to stay off?

+1
    Passed them and 6:45 this morning and they were off, fingers crossed they're the same this evening

Yup they were off at 8 ish too. Hopefully they'll stay off. A win for common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Yup they were off at 8 ish too. Hopefully they'll stay off. A win for common sense.

I saw some traffic management guy working on them yesterday when i was walking.
    I'm afraid common sense never wins though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Praise the lord, hallelujah.
    Sick of Red Cow traffic, off ramp M50 traffic for N4, crazy slow downs on the M4 for no reason and then to spend 20 mins snaking through traffic when I am a couple of miles from my front door.

LEAVE THEM OFF....please!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

They were back on at 4pm...

****ing bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Joined the queue at the aldi yellow box, in the maynooth direction this evening.
    Lights went green then red before I could get through :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Buffman

I thought it was too good to be true when I saw them switched off the other morning alright! The lights are just not able for the traffic volumes at peak times. Also, now that the left turn lane is gone and no left turn filter light is installed from the Aghards road side, it also takes excessively long to get out onto the main road at peak times (7 minutes for me one evening last week), and access to the takeaways/shop car park is constantly getting blocked up.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,884 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Backed up to the M4 today it seems. Time for them to go.

Advertisement