Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new traffic lights at Celbridge House

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but some of you may have noticed these lights were out of action this morning. Ironically, the traffic was flowing more freely than it has since 2014.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they don't re-install the old "Yield" system that was in place before the lights. The traffic on that road has gotten progressively worse and more unpredictable since those lights were installed.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Election time on its way so you may get a chance to ask the FF candidate who pushed the lights on us this question.

I stopped entering Celbridge this way in rush hour. Gives me rage every time so i go over the bridge to get to my house just off the Maynooth road. How bonkers is that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Buffman

I was walking up there earlier and saw a traffic survey camera set up discreetly at a lampost near the hair salon looking at this junction. Another one set up looking at the entrance to Castle Village.

If a certain FF candidate with a fondness for traffic lights and speedbumps darkens my door he'll get an earful.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Buffman wrote: »
    If a certain FF candidate with a fondness for traffic lights and speedbumps darkens my door he'll get an earful.

But sure didn't he fix the intended change of traffic around the bridge! He fixed the road!

My mother told me today she'd be putting him second preference behind Murphy. The mind boggles.

He's also got an advertisement up on the Lucan-Celbridge road before the election stuff is supposed to go up. It's not a poster though, so doubtless there's some bull**** about why he's allowed do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

He's also got an advertisement up on the Lucan-Celbridge road before the election stuff is supposed to go up. It's not a poster though, so doubtless there's some bull**** about why he's allowed do it.

I was wondering about that one but under the Litter Act it seems to be in the clear.

Q. What about people parking vehicles with election/referendum slogans printed on the side in free parking spots?

A. This is not an offence under the Litter Pollution Acts, however, section 19 of the Litter Pollution Act 1997 does make it an offence to place adverts (e.g. flyers) on mechanically propelled vehicles unless they are secured by mechanical means. This, for example, prohibits the placement of flyers under wiper blades.

• Advertisement

So yeah. Some bull****. Thanks for looking it up though.

It should really be under some election law, whereby you can't have your likeness up around your constituency (except your actual office) until X days before an election.

So yeah. Some bull****. Thanks for looking it up though.

It should really be under some election law, whereby you can't have your likeness up around your constituency (except your actual office) until X days before an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I was walking up there earlier and saw a traffic survey camera set up discreetly at a lampost near the hair salon looking at this junction. Another one set up looking at the entrance to Castle Village.

which one of them is responsible for the current mess?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭L1011

O'Rourke happily claims its all his doing

I see planning permission is being sought for 79 houses with 177 parking spaces beside Aldi, between that and the new estate going in behind the Maxol, there is going to be even more pressure on this junction.

(File number 16220 for anyone interested in the detail)

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I see planning permission is being sought for 79 houses with 177 parking spaces beside Aldi, between that and the new estate going in behind the Maxol, there is going to be even more pressure on this junction.

Quick question for you :o
    Do you use the mapquest on the KCC Full Planning Enquiry System? for the life of me i cant figure out how to select and view stuff on it. I can move around and zoom in and out.
    I know it only works on internet explorer.
    very time consuming using the Lite View Planning Enquiry System

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Very dissapointing, I was under the impression that some of this land was to be mixed use, not just more houses :(

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Quick question for you redface.png
    Do you use the mapquest on the KCC Full Planning Enquiry System? for the life of me i cant figure out how to select and view stuff on it. I can move around and zoom in and out.
    I know it only works on internet explorer.
    very time consuming using the Lite View Planning Enquiry System

No, I haven't got the 'Full Planning Enquiry System' to work in a good while. Just dug out my old desktop there with IE and the 'Autodesk Map Active X' installed on it to check, and it's not working. Hopefully KCC might rethink the system now that Microsoft have more or less pulled the plug on IE.

I was just looking at the 'Lite' there, it's slow but if you zoom right in and left click on the property you want, it should pull up the relevant permission.

dobsdave wrote: »
    Very dissapointing, I was under the impression that some of this land was to be mixed use, not just more houses frown.png

Yep, another 150+ cars using that junction isn't going to help matters. KCC refused Aldi planning permission for retail units 10 years ago (file 052722), so I'm not surprised they've sold to a developer and can't blame them.

I'm considering making a submission on this one, but when it comes to KCCs mad planning decisions around Celbridge, I'd probably only be wasting the €20 fee. Submissions are due by 13.04.16.

Bumping an old thread I know, but just to update, KCC granted permission for this development last month. All documents available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Looks like the entrance will be just across from the entrance to Castle Village,it's going to be madness in the morning/eve thank god i dont go anywhere near there at the busy times

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

FFS, I hadn't seen this, would definitely have filed an objection...going to make coming out of Castle Village a nightmare.
    Why was the road into Aldi not used for access?
    Looking at the docs, it would appear the Roads report back in March even said the access should be relocated to the Aldi road, but it doesn't appear to have been followed through.
    Absolute madness.

Advertisement