Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyd's stocks

Options
  • 04-02-2014 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Well lads I've seen a few threads on here before about the stocks, I'm thinking of getting one for cz 452 .17hmr and was wondering has any one done like wise? And what's the crack with going with a varmint stock, I dont have a heavy barrel so would it just look stupid with a free floating look, also the stock are priced at 99 quid so just inside there the prices they will ship, yes? All feedback welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

The Boyds website dont show a model suitable for the .17HMR, when you put any CZ 452 model in it shows suitabile .22lr versions in all 3 select options, with relation to shipping the will ship to Ireland if under $100, but be prepared to pay taxes etc, & you will likley need to collect it from the customs section of your sorting office.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If i recall correctly the prices to your door is between 125 - 140 Euro. That includes taxes, duties, etc.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Roundpack

gunshop.ie is the new distributor for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

Well lads I've seen a few threads on here before about the stocks, I'm thinking of getting one for cz 452 .17hmr and was wondering has any one done like wise? And what's the crack with going with a varmint stock, I dont have a heavy barrel so would it just look stupid with a free floating look, also the stock are priced at 99 quid so just inside there the prices they will ship, yes? All feedback welcome

Well lad I got 1 for my Cz 452, had to pay customs ect worked out around €150 but the stock is well woth it with a lovely feel to the laminint wood :) sadly they don't make them for the Left Hand models so I had to chisel out an area for the bolt to work but still suites it very well :D
    Hope this helps you.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

Here is mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I bought one last week for my .270 remmy €119 posted + whatever taxes I get hit with at the door when it gets here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

do these stocks add weight over the originals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Here is mine

That's lovely lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

Excellent value for money, I have one on a CZ452 and am only using one action screw so as to fully float the barrel.

The other is on a Remington 700 which is aluminium pillared and bedded.
    image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

What's the mod. The two stocks are savage. But it I was to pick only one it would be the remmy.

• Advertisement

What's the mod. The two stocks are savage. But it I was to pick only one it would be the remmy.

Parker Hale on the CZ and T4 a/r on the Remmy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

... was wondering has any one done like wise? And what's the crack with going with a varmint stock,... also the stock are priced at 99 quid so just inside there the prices they will ship, yes? All feedback welcome

Mr.Woodcock,
    You are not going to get a better stock at that price.

As a matter of fact, you would not do much better at double that price.

Until you save up enough to get a custom stock, Boyd's is your best deal.

I have a Prairie hunter on my 700sps, a Classic on my 700cdl, and a Varmint Thumbhole on my 10/22.

For field work, I do not like thumbholes. However, for Benchrest, she does just fine.

Personally, I love their forest camo green. It's usually darker in real life as opposed to the more emerald look it can have online.

If you can get one. Do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr.Woodcock

Well lads I'll think I will go for it, but I still have the problem of stock fit, will have to check the dimensions do, might have to look at 452 mag, for the 17, will see how well that would suit, thanks for the advice lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Gorman700 wrote: »
    Excellent value for money, I have one on a CZ452 and am only using one action screw so as to fully float the barrel.

image.jpg

How much did it cost to pillar bed the remmy and where did you get it done? If you prefer pm me the answer

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Gorman700 wrote: »

image.jpg

How did u get the .17to fit the .22lr action in the bodys stock?

How much did it cost to pillar bed the remmy and where did you get it done? If you prefer pm me the answer

Thanks

I bought it like that from a fella.

How did u get the .17to fit the .22lr action in the bodys stock?

My .17 is a centre fire. Remington 700 s/a.

Advertisement