Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on areas around Hartstown Park?

Options
  • 04-02-2014 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Dear All,

Any opinions on the area pictured below?

Briarwood, Blakestown Road, Woodvale, and Hartstown Park?

screenshot.32.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

While I don't live in that area, I run in that area a lot and it is very pleasant. Nice housing and settled residents in mature estates with mature trees that look well in the summer. The further west (towards the Eurospar), I would think the better. The areas closer to the Blachardstown Shopping Centre, Lidl and Mountview shops do seem a little more council oriented housing (that's not to say the residents there are any less decent). The massive green area in Hartstown park is great for dog walking, the kids, playing sports and running/walking. The newly improved rerouted 39A bus brings you into town very quickly. Lots of schools, churches and local shops/amenities too.

I actually tried to buy there in 2005 but it was too expensive back in those crazy days so settled on Ongar which was cheaper. No regrets with that choice!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Are you looking to buy in the area. Personally I would be a little wary unless I grew up in the area and new exactly what it was like to live there. Maybe rent for a while in the area to get a feel for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Thank you for your opinions.
    I am considering to buy.

I heard (read on boards and other forums) bad things about areas on the other side of the N3 (Tyrrelstown/Mulhuddart/Corduf/Castlecurragh Vale). Things like burned cars, robbed cars, smashed up cars, windows. Was wondering if this is a melody of the past or such troubles still taking place up there?

I am very wary -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Shiranui wrote: »
    Thank you for your opinions.
    I am considering to buy.

I heard (read on boards and other forums) bad things about areas on the other side of the N3 (Tyrrelstown/Mulhuddart/Corduf/Castlecurragh Vale). Things like burned cars, robbed cars, smashed up cars, windows. Was wondering if this is a melody of the past or such troubles still taking place up there?

I am very wary -_-

I bought in Rusheeney back in October 2012, and it's on the other side of Hartstown park.

The place is very quiet, no issues at all, and the estate is matured enough as the houses were built around 1998.

I can't speak for some of the other estates you mentioned, but I can for the likes of Woodvale, Inglewood etc - are very mature estates with little or no issues. Briarwood is high rental, as allot of the houses were paid off by their owners, and now allot of them are rented out, and high rental gives you a mixed bag. On the other hand, Joe Higgins lives there, so I'm sure that will help if you need any problems highlighted. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Roads that face directly onto the park have a nice view but are also prone to a bit more anti-social behaviour on the evenings/weekends. Hearing groups of drunk teenagers going about their Friday night knacker drinking is not unheard of or bonfires with kids huddled round in the night during winter time (I witnessed exactly this only last week). I don't live in the area anymore but family do. The fencing has helped but car and house break-ins still occur - then again, that may be the same everywhere, I have nothing else to compare it to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

miamee wrote: »
    car and house break-ins still occur

Could you elaborate on how often?:confused:

Is this daily/monthly/yearly occurrence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Shiranui wrote: »
    Could you elaborate on how often?:confused:

Is this daily/monthly/yearly occurrence?

I live in Broadwood. Haven't been broken into in over 20 years. I remember a car being stolen from a neighbours house about 5 or so years ago.

Advertisement