Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhoneWatch Key Fob

Options
  • 04-02-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Wondering if anyone could advise. I got a Phone Watch monitored alarm installed a few months back. At the time I didnt get the key fob as I forgot to get it included in the quote. When it was being installed the guys said you could get it anytime and cost about 50quid each. My parents also have Phone Watch and paid €100 for 2 key fobs. However today I was quoted €150 for 1 key fob.
    Anyone else get the fobs and how much did they cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thats a nice mark up they are making.;) What panel have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote: »
    Thats a nice mark up they are making.;) What panel have you got?

Wow looks like Sector are trying to get their purchase money back, those unfortunate PW customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Its the Simon XT with the GSM unit as we dont have a landline.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Shop around would be my advice.

Can you buy the key fob separately than through PhoneWatch or are you suggesting to get another alarm provider?

• Advertisement

dustie1 wrote: »
    Can you buy the key fob separately than through PhoneWatch or are you suggesting to get another alarm provider?

Either.

Its in 3 months now. Any suggestions where I might get the fobs and is it an easy job to get aligned on the correct frequency?

You will probably need the engineer code of the alarm to enrol them. I'm not sure if PW allow user permissions to enrol fobs. (It really should be in the user menu)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

yes its an 868mhz fm key fob you can buy them in wholesalers and if you know how to learn in sensors you can do it your self but you will need your engineers code

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

€50 for a fob for the simon 3
    €50 for the fob for the simon xt
    €150 for the fob for the domonial system.
    Excluding P&P

My bet is they quoted you for the wrong fob

• Advertisement

No that's the new Sector way its €150 for everything guy I know ran them they wanted €150 for a wired beam and €100 labour to change it . turned out there was a wire not screwed down so it wasn't faulty at all so welcome to the new price list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

stuartkee wrote: »
    No that's the new Sector way its €150 for everything guy I know ran them they wanted €150 for a wired beam and €100 labour to change it . turned out there was a wire not screwed down so it wasn't faulty at all so welcome to the new price list

That is saucy, considering they are currently offering alarm systems for € 650 or something. (Note i did not say security system;)). That is an interesting business plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

That is some price for a fob, did they say how much extra they require to monitor the fob every month?

no extra price for monitoring with extra keyfob but if you get an extra camera/motion its an extra €5 per month on top of the €35 .

Advertisement