Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekly direct debit day changed

Options
  • 04-02-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anyone ever get through on the phone to your Sligo Stephen Street branch.  Ive been trying for days but am kept on hold for so long that ive resorted to this message instead.  Do you know how inconvenient and inefficient waiting so long is?  Your website does not offer any customer service email address either, which seems fairly basic procedure when phone lines are so inaccessible.

Now to my query, main complaint.  I get paid weekly on a friday so i have arranged for all direct debits and standing orders to occur on fridays too.  This means that I know exactly how much I have to live on through the week.  For some reason, without prior warning, my biggest direct debit, my mortgage, has started occurring on a thursday, 6 days after my wages are paid in.  This is very inconvenient and I would like this to be changed back to friday please.  I know this has something to do with SEPA but in my eyes this is not progress and I would like immediate action to reinstate this direct debit to friday.  I look forward to hearing from you. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi donndoh,

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to boards.ie.

Firstly we're sorry to hear of the recent difficulty you experienced while trying to reach your branch. We are aware our branches are currently experiencing an extremely high volume of calls and urgent measures are currently under review to reduce these unacceptable wait times. We appreciate your patience with this and we will do our best to answer your questions here.

A recent insert was sent out to our customers with all Bank of Ireland and ICS mortgage annual statements. Within this insert we advised our customers of possible impacts to their due date as a result of the introduction of SEPA.

Previously, payments had a slightly longer processing times however due to the above mentioned changes, direct debits will now be debited on the exact repayment date in line with your mandate.

If you need to change this date, you can call our Mortgage Team on 01 611 3333 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

We hope we have helped address your queries and if we can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement