Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J Cord IEMs ?

• 04-02-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some, most IEMs now have Y cord which I don't like as much as J cord as I like to leave them draped around my neck when talking to someone.
    Had a pair of Sennheiser CX300 before that had J cord but the new ones seem to have Y cord.

Anyone point me in the right direction ?
    Budget would be about 50 to 80 quid.

Thanks.
    Ste-.

Comments

Ste- wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some, most IEMs now have Y cord which I don't like as much as J cord as I like to leave them draped around my neck when talking to someone.
    Had a pair of Sennheiser CX300 before that had J cord but the new ones seem to have Y cord.

Anyone point me in the right direction ?
    Budget would be about 50 to 80 quid.

Thanks.
    Ste-.

these are j-cord and amazing sound but not suited to wearing when moving around as in sports use as the bud may fall out. some people have had issues with fit also. the sound is amazing though. don't be put off that they are originally smarphone headphones - that a benefit for me as it has built in microphone (and volume up and down and pause for phone use- this will work with most recent < 2 years old phones) and they work perfectly well on normal mp3 players. they get great reviews on head-fi -> nothing to compare soundwise for the price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Headset-MH-1C-SmartKey-Control/dp/B008BRAQJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391535553&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+mh1c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Is it actually the mh1-c?

Every time I check the link you provide it claims to be but actually isn't.

When I actually find the right one it's €70+.

Not having a go at you, just that amazon pages making false claims in product description.

Morf wrote: »
    Is it actually the mh1-c?

Every time I check the link you provide it claims to be but actually isn't.

When I actually find the right one it's €70+.

Not having a go at you, just that amazon pages making false claims in product description.

really - they are selling products that turn out not to be the mh1c ? have you ordered one and got something else?#
    Or how do you detect that it's not the real item?

the link that I provided the reviews seem fine. the item will be bulk packaged (i.e. just in a plastic bag and not in fancy but ultimately useless big box that you will throw away) but it's still real. the ones that I received came that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Thanks for the suggestion but I have those aswell and was looking to add to my little collection of earphones.

• Advertisement

Ste- wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion but I have those aswell and was looking to add to my little collection of earphones.

I would recommend searching head-fi then...

For example, with this list...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-309-iems-compared-ces-impressions-part-4-added-01-27-14-p-852

search for j-cord in that page.

maybe the Xears TD100 on that page - in your price range. seems to be officially discontinued but I'm sure that you could find it on ebay etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Never thought of searching that list. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

glasso wrote: »
    really - they are selling products that turn out not to be the mh1c ? have you ordered one and got something else?#
    Or how do you detect that it's not the real item?

That link seems to be ok but the previous links and amazon searches had mh1c in the title but the detail below revealed they weren't and that actual mh1cs couldn't be found on amazon for less than €70.

I'd be reluctant to go down that road to be honest.

Morf wrote: »
    That link seems to be ok but the previous links and amazon searches had mh1c in the title but the detail below revealed they weren't and that actual mh1cs couldn't be found on amazon for less than €70.

I'd be reluctant to go down that road to be honest.

that seller seems fine. you could always return if necessary. I don't think that fake mh1c's are being made. maybe some sellers are selling something else but it's pretty simple to avoid - read the amazon reviews... Many of these earphones were supplied to be sold with some smartphones so there are a lot around without a retail box - therefore they come simply wrapped in plastic. But they are real. If you want to pay for some cardboard in a retail box then yes you'd probably pay €70.

Advertisement