Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got hardware from America and paid tax when imported here

Options
  • 04-02-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I now have to send it back for replacement - will I have to pay customs again?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

euser1984 wrote: »
    I now have to send it back for replacement - will I have to pay customs again?

Thanks.

No you don't pay tax on essentially the same item twice. And there is no money being exchanged.

No you don't pay tax on essentially the same item twice.

Just make sure you have proof you already paid customs on the item being returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

As an aside, when you originally bought, did it still work out cheaper after paying the customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

As an aside, when you originally bought, did it still work out cheaper after paying the customs?

I've always found US prices + VAT + delivery to be no better than European suppliers tbh.

Khannie wrote: »
    I've always found US prices + VAT + delivery to be no better than European suppliers tbh.

This.

Especially when you then have to return the item. Hassle and time is money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement